Pick up in store
40+ years of hiking boot greatness
The Mountain Light Cascade is a tribute to one of Danner's iconic hiking styles introduced in the early 1970s – a style believed by many to be the greatest backpacking boot of all time. Made in our Portland, Oregon factory, the boot features a rich, full-grain leather upper and flat red laces. The rugged Vibram Kletterlift outsole is perfect for outdoor or casual use.
|Weight||62 oz per pair|
|Last Type||650 EE|
|Manufacturing||Made in USA|
Made in USA
This classification of manufacturing is our promise that this product was built from top to bottom in our Portland, Ore. factory. Our USA Made boots are built with the same commitment to superior craftsmanship that we’ve been known for since 1932.
- Retro One Piece Leather Upper
- Our one-piece leather design eliminates openings in the tongue area to help keep out debris and water. It also creates a simple finish with minimal seams.
- Ideal for warm-to-hot weather conditions, Dri-Lex provides excellent vapor transport, is extremely quick drying, resists odor and mildew, and is completely breathable.
- Vibram® Kletterlift Outsole
- Specifically designed for comfort and durability; the heel provides superb shock absorption and the rubber compound guarantees great traction and stability on both wet and dry surfaces.
- Stitchdown Construction
- Handcrafted to provide a wider platform, our legendary stitchdown construction offers increased stability underfoot. Many of our stitchdown boots can be recrafted.
- How It Fits
- This EE width is designed to fit an average width foot, similar to a D width. The 650 EE last offers a more relaxed fit for casual, everyday wear while still offering support and stability. Since this style runs a little long, we recommend sizing down a half size for the best fit.
- Extend the life of your boot with our recrafting services. This boot is eligible for a number of paid services, including part replacement, leather care and restitching. See our Recrafting page.
- 365-Day Warranty
- If you suspect your purchase isn’t up to our unrelenting standards, or is defective in any way, we want to make things right. We offer a 365-day warranty across our entire footwear line.
Compare Mountain Light Styles
Designed to complement our boots and held to the same high quality standards.