Legendary among hikers and backpackers worldwide
The USA-made Mountain Light hiking boot is legendary for its unmatched quality, durability and support. GORE-TEX lining provides waterproof protection. The Vibram Kletterlift outsole offers lightweight comfort as well as superb shock absorption and guarantees great traction and stability on both wet and dry surfaces. Danner’s famous stitchdown construction provides a wider platform for stability and the lace-to-toe system provides a secure fit.
The Bond BootDaniel Craig as 007 in SPECTRE, wearing the Danner Mountain Light II in the Austrian Alps. SPECTRE was released in theaters nationwide in November 2015.
Made by hand in the USAEvery single pair of the Mountain Light II is built by hand in our Portland, Oregon factory with full-grain leather, Vibram Kletterlift outsoles, and waterproof GORE-TEX liners. The result is a classic design that provides unmatched comfort, support, and durability.
Stitchdown ConstructionDanner's handcrafted stitchdown construction provides a wider platform for increased stability underfoot and makes the boot incredibly durable even in the most demanding environments.
Vibram KletterliftThe Vibram Kletterlift outsole is specifically designed for comfort and durability. The heel provides lightweight comfort as well as superb shock absorption. The unique compound guarantees great traction and stability on both wet and dry surfaces.
Lace to ToeThe boot’s lace-to-toe system, along with its offering in multiple size and width combinations, ensures a secure fit that adapts over time to the shape of your foot.
- Retro One Piece Leather Upper
- Our one-piece leather design eliminates openings in the tongue area to help keep out debris and water. It also creates a simple finish with minimal seams.
- GORE-TEX (GTX)
- 100% waterproof and breathable, GORE-TEX liners ensure that no water gets in, while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- Danner Airthotic
- This molded polyurethane instep cups the heel and supports the arch of the foot. Its half-length shape includes perforations to help air flow within your boots.
- Vibram® Kletterlift Outsole
- Specifically designed for comfort and durability; the heel provides superb shock absorption and the rubber compound guarantees great traction and stability on both wet and dry surfaces.
- Stitchdown Construction
- Handcrafted to provide a wider platform, our legendary stitchdown construction offers increased stability underfoot. Many of our stitchdown boots can be recrafted.
- How It Fits
- The 650 last offers a sleek, slender profile with a more narrow fit. Boots on this last tend to fit those with a more narrow foot better than those with a wider foot. This ensures a snug fit for terrain and activities that demand support and stability. If you do have a wider foot, we recommend ordering an "EE" (wide) in this style.
- Extend the life of your boot with our recrafting services. This boot is eligible for a number of services, including part replacement, leather care and restitching. See our Recrafting page.
- 62 oz per pair
- Danner Airthotic
- Last Type
- VIbram Kletterlift
- Made in USA
Made in USA
This classification of manufacturing is our promise that this product was built from top to bottom in our Portland, Ore. factory. Our USA Made boots are built with the same commitment to superior craftsmanship that we’ve been known for since 1932.