Pick up in store
Modern Hikers with a Retro Heart
In the late '80s, hiking boots stepped off the trail and became fashionable as well as functional. The Free Spirit combines a retro look inspired by that era with modern tech for a hiker you can pair with a daypack or your favorite pair of jeans. It features a dual-density midsole that's firmer around the edges for stability and softer in the middle for targeted traction. A GORE-TEX liner defends against deep puddles and sudden downpours. Triangle lugs on the outsole give you lots of surface contact for reliable grip on a variety of surfaces.
|Weight||37 oz per pair|
|Shank||Bi Fit Board|
- Suede & Textile Upper
- We combine a durable suede with a lightweight textile to create an upper with modern performance and timeless Danner® durability.
- GORE-TEX (GTX)
- 100% waterproof and breathable, GORE-TEX liners ensure that no water gets in, while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- Removable OrthoLite Footbed
- Three layers of varying density are combined for maximum cushioning and support. The entire footbed is made of open-cell polyurethane for better heat dissipation and air circulation.
- Vibram® Overlook Outsole
- The Overlook Outsole with Megagrip technology features adaptive lugs and ample surface contact for versatile traction in urban and outdoor environments.
- Stitchdown Heel
- For added stability, the heel of this style uses a stitchdown construction method.
- How It Fits
- Inspired from trail running, the DT6 last features an 8mm offset from heel to toe with slightly more width in the forefoot for stability and a good-looking, everyday-wearable aesthetic.
- 365-Day Warranty
- If you suspect your purchase isn’t up to our unrelenting standards, or is defective in any way, we want to make things right. We offer a 365-day warranty across our entire footwear line.
Compare Free Spirit Styles
Designed to complement our boots and held to the same high quality standards.