Pick up in store
A Hiking Legend Remade for City Streets
Even a hiking legend has to come down from the mountain sometime. For more than 40 years, the Mountain Light set the standard for every new backpacking boot that hit the market. And in all that time, nothing ever dethroned the original. This version of the Mountain Light updates the classic hiker for urban adventures. They're handcrafted in Portland, Oregon, with a premium full-grain leather upper, a waterproof GORE-TEX liner and a Danner Wedge Outsole that provides comfort and support.
|Weight||58 oz per pair|
|Country of Origin||United States|
|Manufacturing||Made in USA|
Made in USA
This classification of manufacturing is our promise that this product was built from top to bottom in our Portland, Ore. factory. Our USA Made boots are built with the same commitment to superior craftsmanship that we’ve been known for since 1932.
- Full-Grain Leather Upper
- To ensure its quality, we put our leather through six different tests before making our selection. Our full-grain leathers are the strongest and most durable form of leather.
- GORE-TEX (GTX)
- 100% waterproof and breathable, GORE-TEX liners ensure that no water gets in, while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- Removable Airthotic Foam Footbed
- Inspired by Danner's original Airthotic instep cup, the new updated Ortholite® Airthotic features the same support as the original but with long-lasting Ortholite® cushion. Machine washable and antimicrobial.
- Danner Wedge Outsole
- The non-marking, oil-and-slip resistant Danner Wedge outsole provides cushioning, lightweight support, traction, and won't track debris. The soft polyurethane compound is designed for maximum comfort for long days on smooth indoor surfaces, such as concrete and wood. Not recommended for daily use on asphalt.
- Stitchdown Construction
- Handcrafted to provide a wider platform, our legendary stitchdown construction offers increased stability underfoot. Many of our stitchdown boots can be recrafted.
- How It Fits
- This EE width is designed to fit an average width foot, similar to a D width. The 650 EE last offers a more relaxed fit for casual, everyday wear while still offering support and stability. Since this style runs a little long, we recommend sizing down a half size for the best fit.
- Extend the life of your boot with our recrafting services. This boot is eligible for a number of paid services, including part replacement, leather care and restitching. See our Recrafting page.
- 365-Day Warranty
- If you suspect your purchase isn’t up to our unrelenting standards, or is defective in any way, we want to make things right. We offer a 365-day warranty across our entire footwear line.
Compare Mountain Light Styles
Danner Boots in the Wild
Tag us on Instagram @dannerboots and use #Danner in your caption for a chance to be featured.
Designed to complement our boots and held to the same high quality standards.
Danner Merino Midweight Hiking Socks
3/4 Crew - Green/GraySale Price $19.00
Danner Leather Wallet
Danner Application Brush$7.00
Danner Trucker Cap
Charcoal/Old Gold - Mountain Patch$27.00
Large Buffing Brush$10.00
Danner Go There Trucker Cap
Black/Birch/Caramel - Flyfisher$27.00
Danner Evergreen Socks
Crew - GraphiteSale Price $24.00
Run Time Lightweight Work Sock
Ankle - GraySale Price $17.00
Alpinecho x Danner
Mountain Light Sticker$4.00
Run Time Lightweight Work Sock
Crew - GraySale Price $20.00