Built for the Backcountry
High-altitude hunting demands the very best of those who venture there. The stakes are as high as the rewards and trustworthy gear is essential for success. Built from premium materials in our Portland, Ore. factory, the Thorofare is designed to keep the hunter safe and stable when steep angles and heavy packs enter the picture. The 10” tall boot is one of the most supportive we’ve ever built with components from industry-leading partners like Vibram and GORE-TEX. When the mountains get treacherous and the rewards greater, know the Thorofare will get you there and back without breaking a sweat.
|Weight||80 oz per pair|
|Shank||Bi Fit Board|
|Manufacturing||Made in USA with Imported Components|
Made in USA with Imported Components
We source the best materials from around the world and utilize some construction work overseas before shipping partially assembled components to be finished in our Portland, Oregon factory. Once in our factory, the boot uppers are formed and the entire bottom of the boot is constructed by hand, giving us greater control over the finished product. This manufacturing process allows us to bring you a less expensive USA made boot without compromising the quality you expect from Danner.
- Full-Grain Leather Upper
- To ensure its quality, we put our leather through six different tests before making our selection. Our full-grain leathers are the strongest and most durable form of leather.
- GORE-TEX (GTX)
- 100% waterproof and breathable, GORE-TEX liners ensure that no water gets in, while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- Removable OrthoLite Footbed
- Three layers of varying density are combined for maximum cushioning and support. The entire footbed is made of open-cell polyurethane for better heat dissipation and air circulation.
- PU Midsole
- With integrated polypropylene board to provide support underneath the entire length of the foot.
- Vibram® Tsavo Outsole
- Solid traction over rugged terrain.
- Dynamic Response System
- Engineered for optimal stability, the unique framework allows for springboard return, even in cold environments, while the dual-density midsole provides superior shock absorption and durability.
- How It Fits
- The DLE-01 last was designed to be an extension of the foot with superior forefoot and heel capture, stability and a more anatomical shape for comfort. The additional space in the toe box allows the foot to naturally react when bearing a heavy load or changing directions laterally in high intensity environments.
- 365-Day Warranty
- If you suspect your purchase isn’t up to our unrelenting standards, or is defective in any way, we want to make things right. We offer a 365-day warranty across our entire footwear line.
Designed to complement our boots and held to the same high quality standards.