Lightweight. Versatile. Classic.
Made in our Portland, Oregon, factory, the Mountain Pass was created to be a lighter weight and more versatile hiking boot that still reflects our classic Danner styling. Built with light hikes and city streets in mind, the overall design is inspired by our original Mountain Light with an updated construction method that integrates the shank, midsole and lasting board into a single piece. This new, unified platform, combined with a low profile Vibram outsole, allowed us to significantly reduce weight and create an out-of-the-box comfort that doesn't come standard with most classic hiking boots.
|Weight||46 oz per pair|
|Shank||Bi Fit Board|
|Outsole||Vibram® Kletterlift Thin|
|Country of Origin||United States|
|Manufacturing||Made in USA|
Made in USA
This classification of manufacturing is our promise that this product was built from top to bottom in our Portland, Ore. factory. Our USA Made boots are built with the same commitment to superior craftsmanship that we’ve been known for since 1932.
- Full-Grain Leather Upper
- To ensure its quality, we put our leather through six different tests before making our selection. Our full-grain leathers are the strongest and most durable form of leather.
- Horween Leather
- Chromexcel leather is produced in the U.S. using time-honored techniques and formulas that were developed nearly 100 years ago. Chromexcel is comfortable, durable and develops a beautiful worn-in look over time. This natural leather treatment provides a slightly unique aesthetic for each hide, which may result in some variation amongst pairs of boots. On any boot that uses Horween Chromexcel leathers, you may see a slight amount of blooming, which is a natural characteristic of that type of leather.
- GORE-TEX (GTX)
- 100% waterproof and breathable, GORE-TEX liners ensure that no water gets in, while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- Leather-Lined Collar
- Provides extra padding at the ankle for an easier break-in period.
- Removable OrthoLite Footbed
- Three layers of varying density are combined for maximum cushioning and support. The entire footbed is made of open-cell polyurethane for better heat dissipation and air circulation.
- Bi Fit Board
- By combining the shank, lasting board, and midsole into a single unified piece that is molded to match the shape and contours of our boots, we were able to reduce a significant amount of weight from the boot without sacrificing support.
- Vibram® Kletterlift Thin Outsole
- Specifically designed for comfort and durability for everyday use, while reducing height and weight from the traditional Kletterlift outsole.
- Stitchdown Construction
- Handcrafted to provide a wider platform, our legendary stitchdown construction offers increased stability underfoot. Many of our stitchdown boots can be recrafted.
- How It Fits
- Portland made 503 last has a casual fit without compromising Danner's comfortable lace-to-toe construction. Fits true to size.
- Extend the life of your boot with our recrafting services. Please note we are unable to replace the liner on this style due to the more technical construction of our lightweight Bi-Fit board. This boot is eligible for a boot stretch, basic and resole packages. See our Recrafting page.
- 365-Day Warranty
- If you suspect your purchase isn’t up to our unrelenting standards, or is defective in any way, we want to make things right. We offer a 365-day warranty across our entire footwear line.
Compare Mountain Pass Styles
Danner Boots in the Wild
Tag us on Instagram @dannerboots and use #Danner in your caption for a chance to be featured.
Designed to complement our boots and held to the same high quality standards.
Danner Catch & Release Belt
Black w/ BrassSale Price $51.00
Danner Trucker Cap
Charcoal/Old Gold - Mountain Patch$27.00
Danner Application Brush$7.00
Large Buffing Brush$10.00
Danner Go There Trucker Cap
Black/Birch/Caramel - Flyfisher$27.00
Run Time Lightweight Work Sock
Crew - GraySale Price $20.00
Danner Evergreen Socks
Crew - GraphiteSale Price $24.00
Alpinecho x Danner
Mountain Light Sticker$4.00
Run Time Lightweight Work Sock
Ankle - GraySale Price $17.00