With 2,650 miles, the Pacific Crest Trail provides a wide variety of terrain over its epic expanse. Whether you’re out for the weekend, a few miles or are looking to get some serious mileage, the PCT has something for you. It’s that need for versatility that inspired our Trail 2650. Built to move quickly and confidently through the terrain of your choosing, the Trail 2650 can easily fill the role of a lightweight hiker or trainer. Using a Trailguard TPU shank and an EXO Heel System, the Trail 2650 is both lightweight and provides stability on challenging grounds.
Innovative ComfortStability is key. If your foot isn't secure, you increase opportunity for slippage and blisters. Preventing that from happening is the job of a heel counter — traditionally a rigid component inside your boot. While this method is effective at locking your heel in place, we knew we could do better. For the Trail 2650, we took the bold step of shifting the heel counter to the outside of the shoe. By using a softer material and moving it away from your foot, our EXO Heel System provides a secure fit and increased comfort. In addition, we developed a new last with 8mm of heel drop and a wider forefoot for greater stability. Small changes for a big difference.
No need to compromiseFor the Trail 2650, we wanted to bring you a lightweight option that still adheres to our strict durability benchmarks. This meant looking to lightweight materials that could withstand the demands of the trail. We use an ultra-lightweight EVA foam midsole to provide the cushioning you need while minimizing weight. The midsole is formed around a TPU shank that guards your foot in uncertain terrain and provides torsional strength for stability. This process maximizes weight savings while maintaining protection, stability and durability. We wouldn’t have it any other way.
Breathe easyWhen your day’s plan calls for moving far and fast, you want to stay cool. Breathable gear is key, and footwear is no exception. The new Trail 2650 uses a mesh liner to keep air moving and is lightly padded for additional comfort. Strategic perforations in the leather upper aid airflow when you’re on the move. With cool feet, you can focus on the day's hike without distraction.
Trust each stepWorking with the leaders in high performance soling we looked to Vibram’s 460 outsole with deep, multi-directional lugs for confidence-inspiring grip in a wide variety of terrain. Couple this with Vibram’s legendary Megagrip rubber compound for enhanced traction in every step, whether wet or dry.
- Leather & Textile Upper
- We combine a durable leather with a lightweight textile to create an upper with modern performance and timeless Danner® durability.
- Mesh Lining
- Lightweight and breathable for total foot comfort.
- Removable OrthoLite Footbed
- Three layers of varying density are combined for maximum cushioning and support. The entire footbed is made of open-cell polyurethane for better heat dissipation and air circulation.
- EVA Midsole
- Known for its lightweight properties, EVA is a special polymer that provides excellent cushioning.
- Vibram® 460 Outsole
- Self-adapting lugs and Vibram’s specially formulated Megagrip compound provide long-wearing resilience with incredible grip on both wet and dry surfaces.
- How It Fits
- Inspired from trail running, the DT6 last features an 8mm offset from heel to toe with slightly more width in the forefoot for stability and a good-looking, everyday-wearable aesthetic.
- 24 oz per pair
- Last Type
- Vibram 460
Designed to complement our boots and held to the same high quality standards.