Reintroducing a 1980s Danner Original
The original Danner Jag debuted in the '80s as a lightweight alternative to our classic, heavy-duty hiking boots. After a few years on the trail supporting external frame backpacks and complementing denim cut-offs, the Jag was retired. Now 30 years later, we've re-introduced the Jag as a more versatile version of its former self. It’s comfortable both on the trail and around town, and incorporates durable, lightweight materials, a cushioning EVA midsole, and a new waffle outsole that adapts to a wide variety of terrain. We're proud to re-introduce this Danner original.
- Suede & 1000 Denier Nylon Upper
- Suede leather and abrasion-resistant nylon work together to create a super durable, comfortable upper that looks great too.
- Danner Dry
- 100% waterproof barrier allows moisture to escape without letting water in, keeping your feet dry and comfortable all day long.
- Two Lace Options
- Because you can never have too many laces, this pair comes with an alternative color.
- Removable OrthoLite Footbed
- Three layers of varying density are combined for maximum cushioning and support. The entire footbed is made of open-cell polyurethane for better heat dissipation and air circulation.
- EVA Midsole
- Known for its lightweight properties, EVA is a special polymer that provides excellent cushioning.
- Retro Danner
- This waffle outsole is designed to adapt to a variety of terrains, from sidewalks to light trails.
- 34 oz per pair
- Last Type
- Danner® Dry
- Retro Danner® Waffle
Designed to complement our boots and held to the same high quality standards.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Women's Jag Steel Gray/Blue Wing Teal:
I wanted to LOVE these boots, but I am on the fence. My husband has a ton of Danner's so I was excited to finally buy a pair of my own. I like the sporty look and the retro design. I typically wear a 7-7 1/2 in running shoes and boots and 6-6 1/2 in sandals. Surprisingly, I had to return my 7's for a 6 1/2 in this boot! And still the appearance of the boot still looks long on my feet. I figured I would keep the 6 1/2 and wear thick socks or put a different insole in them since I already wore them once. There is no way a 6 boot would fit me. That brings me to my next point, comfort. I have a pair of LaCrosse rain boots that I bought at the Danner store and they seriously are THE most comfortable shoe I own. It is like they were made specifically for my feet, a women's foot. I don't know if scaling down the mens boot in this case was where the fit/comfort problems came in? And if you are going to scale down the mens boot, offer us some of those other awesome colors the Jag comes in!
- Was this a gift?: