A boot first. A sneaker second.
We didn't get our chops building athletic shoes. We make boots. So when we decided to create a lightweight trainer, we took our 80-plus years of experience and created a boot that acts like a shoe, not a shoe that acts like a boot. Now available in a polishable finish for hot weather.
The bootUnlike any other trainer on the market, the Tachyon is the first to offer the protection and durability demanded from a boot. With features like a full rubber outsole for superior abrasion resistance, traction, and durability, and a waterproof GORE-TEX option, the Tachyon presents boot performance first, and sneaker performance second.
The sneakerWe challenged ourselves to find the line between developing a boot that offers sneaker-like performance alongside a higher standard in durability than any other trainer on the market. By stripping out unnecessary features associated with most boots and utilizing lightweight construction methods and materials, we were able to create our lightest boot yet.
Slip-resistant, full rubber outsole.Most boots in this weight category have a composite rubber outsole but the Tachyon features a true rubber outsole for superior abrasion resistance and traction.
- Polishable Toe
- The polishable synthetic leather on the toe area meets uniform requirements.
- Unlined Leather Upper
- Lighter weight with cool comfort in warmer temperatures, our unlined leather boots will mold perfectly to your foot.
- Speed Lace System
- Our special hardware allows you to tighten from toe to top with one swift tug for a secure, tight fit.
- Open Cell Polyurethane Footbed
- Our polyurethane footbed provides superior shock absorption with an additional layer of open cell construction for improved air circulation.
- EVA Midsole
- Known for its lightweight properties, EVA is a special polymer that provides excellent cushioning.
- Danner Tachyon Outsole
- 100% rubber for superior abrasion resistance and pentagonal lugs for maximum surface contact.
- How It Fits
- The DLE-01 last was designed to be an extension of the foot with superior forefoot and heel capture, stability and a more anatomical shape for comfort. The additional space in the toe box allows the foot to naturally react when bearing a heavy load or changing directions laterally in high intensity environments.
- 26 oz per pair
- Open Cell Polyurethane
- Nylon Shank
- Last Type
- Danner Tachyon
Designed to complement our boots and held to the same high quality standards.