Designed for performance in the most dangerous conditions
We wanted to give wildland firefighters and smokejumpers the toughest, safest, most comfortable boot that human hands could build. To make it happen, we used Vibram Fire Logger outsoles, special Nomex stitching, and fire-retardant leather. We put these pieces together in a boot that was designed for exceptional comfort, fit, and durability.
- Flashpoint Leather
- Fire, puncture, and water-resistant 8oz. leather.
- Nomex® Stitching
- Fire-resistant, triple stitched for superior endurance.
- 90º heel
- Added safety for boots used on steep terrain, climbing in and out of equipment, and use with certain tools.
- Vibram® 360 degree Fire Logger outsole
- Designed for fire and abrasion resistance with substantial edging and superior traction.
- Women's Sizing
- This boot is available in men's and women's sizing, please ensure that you've selected the correct width for your needs.
- Stitchdown Construction
- Handcrafted to provide a wider platform, our legendary stitchdown construction offers increased stability underfoot. Many of our stitchdown boots can be recrafted.
- How It Fits
- The 74 last is designed specifically for traditional logger style boots containing a removable footbed. It offers a standard profile with a more regular fit. Boots on this last tend to fit true to size. This ensures a snug fit for terrain and activities that demand support and stability. If you do have a wider foot, we recommend ordering an "EE" (wide) or “EEEE” (extra wide) in this style.
- Extend the life of your boot with our recrafting services. This boot is eligible for a number of services, including part replacement, leather care and restitching. See our Recrafting page.
- 74 oz per pair
- ASTM F2892-11 EH
- Last Type
- Vibram 360 degree Fire Logger
- Made in USA with Imported Components
- ASTM F2892-11 EH, NFPA 1977: 2016 edition certified
- Toe Protection
- Plain Toe
Made in USA with Imported Components
We source the best materials from around the world and utilize some construction work overseas before shipping partially assembled components to be finished in our Portland, Oregon factory. Once in our factory, the boot uppers are formed and the entire bottom of the boot is constructed by hand, giving us greater control over the finished product. This manufacturing process allows us to bring you a less expensive USA made boot without compromising the quality you expect from Danner.
Designed to complement our boots and held to the same high quality standards.