A Pacific Northwest collaboration between Danner & Filson
Inspired by traditional Pacific Northwest hunting gear, the USA-made Danner x Filson Grouse is built for comfort in all conditions. We took the pattern of our signature, USA-made Grouse hunting boot and added Filson's Tin Cloth to create a unique upper. Paired with the GORE-TEX® lining, we've created a boot with uncompromising waterproof protection and rugged durability. Danner’s famous stitchdown construction provides a wide platform for stability, while the Vibram® Sierra outsole tracks steadily over diverse terrain. Co-branded with Danner and Filson embossed logos on the tongue.
Inspired by Pacific Northwest hunting wearThe quarter panels feature Filson's classic Tin Cloth which is a thick cotton canvas coated in a Filson proprietary oil-finish wax that provides uncompromising protection from brush and rain. We paired it with our rich, full-grain leather upper, featuring a co-branded emboss on the tongue for a unique Pacific Northwest aesthetic.
CLASSIC USA-MADE CONSTRUCTIONHandcrafted to provide a wider platform, our legendary stitchdown construction offers increased stability underfoot. The Vibram Sierra outsole offers solid traction on a variety of both wet and dry terrain. The Grouse X Filson is fully recraftable and built by hand in our Portland, Ore. factory.
WATERPROOF PROTECTIONDrawing from years spent building durable leather hunting boots, we selected a high quality full-grain leather, knowing that its superior waterproof abrasion-resistant qualities would hold up to the rugged Pacific Northwest. We lined the boot with GORE-TEX® to ensure it could withstand the wettest conditions.
- Collaboration with Filson
- This limited edition boot borrows Filson's classic Tin Cloth and pairs it with our handcrafted Danner style, made in our Portland, Ore. factory. Only available directly from Danner and Filson.
- Filson Tin Cloth
- Tin Cloth is a thick cotton canvas coated in Filson's proprietary oil-finish wax providing an uncompromising protection from brush and rain.
- Full-Grain Leather & Filson Tin Cloth Upper
- Quarter panels feature the classic Filson Tin Cloth accent and our full-grain leather for a strong and durable upper that has a more unique aesthetic.
- GORE-TEX (GTX)
- 100% waterproof and breathable, GORE-TEX liners ensure that no water gets in, while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- Danner Airthotic
- This molded polyurethane instep cups the heel and supports the arch of the foot. Its half-length shape includes perforations to help air flow within your boots.
- Vibram® 1276 Sierra Outsole
- Lightweight comfort with superb shock absorption, this outsole uses a rubber compound that guarantees great traction and stability on both wet and dry surfaces.
- Stitchdown Construction
- Handcrafted to provide a wider platform, our legendary stitchdown construction offers increased stability underfoot. Many of our stitchdown boots can be recrafted.
- How It Fits
- The 650 last offers a sleek, slender profile with a more narrow fit. Boots on this last tend to fit those with a more narrow foot better than those with a wider foot. This ensures a snug fit for terrain and activities that demand support and stability. Please note this last fits slightly long and we recommend sizing down a half size for best fit.
- Extend the life of your boot with our recrafting services. This boot is eligible for a number of services, including part replacement, leather care and restitching. See our Recrafting page.
- 62 oz per pair
- Last Type
- 650 M
- Vibram 1276 Sierra
- Made in USA
Made in USA
This classification of manufacturing is our promise that this product was built from top to bottom in our Portland, Ore. factory. Our USA Made boots are built with the same commitment to superior craftsmanship that we’ve been known for since 1932.
Designed to complement our boots and held to the same high quality standards.