30+ years of hiking boot greatness
The women's Mountain Light Cascade is a tribute to one of Danner's iconic hiking styles introduced in the early 1970s – a style believed by many to be the greatest backpacking boot of all time, and is featured in the Fox Searchlight Pictures release WILD. Made in our Portland, Oregon, factory, the boot features a rich, full-grain leather upper and flat red laces. The rugged Vibram Kletterlift outsole is perfect for outdoor or casual use.
Featured in WILDStarring alongside Reese Witherspoon, the Mountain Light Cascade made its film debut in Fox Searchlight’s 2014 release of WILD. Based on the New York Times best-selling book by Cheryl Strayed, the film follows Strayed’s journey along the Pacific Crest Trail.
Vintage inspirationPulled from our archives, the Mountain Light Cascade is a tribute to one of Danner’s iconic hiking styles introduced in the early 1970s. Heralded by many to be the greatest backpacking boot of all time, it continues to inspire adventures along the Pacific Crest Trail and around the world.
Full-grain, Sienna Cache leather.To stay true to the Mountain Light Cascade's vintage inspiration, we sourced a specific leather that has subtle color variations for an antiqued effect. This full-grain, Sienna Cache leather has a smooth, rich feel and will only look better over time.
- Retro One Piece Leather Upper
- Our one-piece leather design eliminates openings in the tongue area to help keep out debris and water. It also creates a simple finish with minimal seams.
- Ideal for warm-to-hot weather conditions, Dri-Lex provides excellent vapor transport, is extremely quick drying, resists odor and mildew, and is completely breathable.
- Sienna Cache Leather
- Subtle color variations give this leather an antiqued effect that patinas beautifully over time.
- Vibram® Kletterlift Outsole
- Specifically designed for comfort and durability; the heel provides superb shock absorption and the rubber compound guarantees great traction and stability on both wet and dry surfaces.
- Stitchdown Construction
- Handcrafted to provide a wider platform, our legendary stitchdown construction offers increased stability underfoot. Many of our stitchdown boots can be recrafted.
- How It Fits
- The 650 M last offers a women's specific fit with ample room through the toe box while maintaining exceptional support and stability. This women's specific fit is based off our popular 650 last used for many of our classic styles and offers the most universal fit for everyday wear. Please note this last fits slightly long and we recommend sizing down a half size for best fit.
- Extend the life of your boot with our recrafting services. This boot is eligible for a number of services, including part replacement, leather care and restitching. See our Recrafting page.
- 42 oz per pair
- Last Type
- 650 M
- VIbram Kletterlift
- Made in USA
Made in USA
This classification of manufacturing is our promise that this product was built from top to bottom in our Portland, Ore. factory. Our USA Made boots are built with the same commitment to superior craftsmanship that we’ve been known for since 1932.