Arctic Shadow 200G
Arctic Shadow 200G
Watch out Winter
The Danner Ridge is made in our Portland, Oregon factory and was designed to be a versatile hiking boot that reflects the classic style of the Danner Light. Built with slush-covered city streets in mind, this winter-ready version has a waterproof GORE-TEX lining and Thinsulate™ insulation for comfort in cold and wet conditions. An updated construction method integrates the shank, midsole and lasting board into a single piece to reduce weight for out-of-the-box comfort. The Vibram® Arctic Grip outsole helps you stay steady on your feet over wet and icy surfaces.
|Weight||46 oz per pair|
|Shank||Bi Fit Board|
|Outsole||Vibram® Christy Arctic Grip|
|Manufacturing||Made in USA with Imported Components|
Made in USA with Imported Components
We source the best materials from around the world and utilize some construction work overseas before shipping partially assembled components to be finished in our Portland, Oregon factory. Once in our factory, the boot uppers are formed and the entire bottom of the boot is constructed by hand, giving us greater control over the finished product. This manufacturing process allows us to bring you a less expensive USA made boot without compromising the quality you expect from Danner.
- Full-Grain Leather & 1000 Denier Nylon Upper
- Made from a combination of our premium full-grain leather and 1000 Denier nylon, this upper is extremely durable.
- GORE-TEX (GTX)
- 100% waterproof and breathable, GORE-TEX liners ensure that no water gets in, while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- 200G Thinsulate Insulation
- High-performance insulation that keeps you warm in the snow and rain without weighing you down.
- Removable OrthoLite Footbed
- Three layers of varying density are combined for maximum cushioning and support. The entire footbed is made of open-cell polyurethane for better heat dissipation and air circulation.
- Bi Fit Board
- By combining the shank, lasting board, and midsole into a single unified piece that is molded to match the shape and contours of our boots, we were able to reduce a significant amount of weight from the boot without sacrificing support.
- Vibram® Christy Arctic Grip
- Constructed with Vibram's unique Arctic Grip compound for superior grip on ice and wet snow, the Christy outsole offers maximum surface traction without the build-up.
- Stitchdown Construction
- Handcrafted to provide a wider platform, our legendary stitchdown construction offers increased stability underfoot. Many of our stitchdown boots can be recrafted.
- How It Fits
- Portland made 503 last has a casual fit without compromising Danner's comfortable lace-to-toe construction. Fits true to size.
- Extend the life of your boot with our recrafting services. Please note we are unable to replace the liner on this style due to the more technical construction of our lightweight Bi-Fit board. This boot is eligible for a boot stretch, basic and resole packages. See our Recrafting page.
- 365-Day Warranty
- If you suspect your purchase isn’t up to our unrelenting standards, or is defective in any way, we want to make things right. We offer a 365-day warranty across our entire footwear line.
Designed to complement our boots and held to the same high quality standards.