Pick up in store
A Backcountry Hunter
You have to pack in, set up camp and then follow your instincts deep into the backcountry. The Powderhorn is the intersection of knowledge gleaned from decades of building premium high country boots and the performance strength of today's leading technology. The result is a boot ready to get you there and back for years to come.
|Weight||69 oz per pair|
|Shank||Bi Fit Board|
- Full-Grain Leather Upper
- To ensure its quality, we put our leather through six different tests before making our selection. Our full-grain leathers are the strongest and most durable form of leather.
- GORE-TEX (GTX)
- 100% waterproof and breathable, GORE-TEX liners ensure that no water gets in, while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- Removable OrthoLite Footbed
- Three layers of varying density are combined for maximum cushioning and support. The entire footbed is made of open-cell polyurethane for better heat dissipation and air circulation.
- Bi Fit Board
- By combining the shank, lasting board, and midsole into a single unified piece that is molded to match the shape and contours of our boots, we were able to reduce a significant amount of weight from the boot without sacrificing support.
- Danner Powderhorn Outsole
- Multi-directional lug pattern is a modern take on the traditional bob outsole and performs best in mud, dirt and loose uneven terrain in variable weather conditions.
- Mesh Lined Tongue Construction
- Features a mesh liner layered over a waterproof membrane on the tongue to help regulate both moisture and temperature where it has the largest impact, on the top of your foot.
- Multi-Density Foam
- A patterning of multi-density foam eliminates hot spots and pinch points for a more comfortable upper.
- How It Fits
- The 851 last is an update to our popular 850 last. This last fits true to size with an athletic and supportive fit while providing ample room in the toe. Offering a specific heel shape that locks the heel in place for better fit and comfort on the back end of the boot, this supportive fit is ideal for those needing high mileage performance from their gear.
- Extend the life of your boot with our recrafting services. Please note we are unable to replace the liner on this style due to the more technical construction of our lightweight Bi-Fit board. This boot is eligible for a boot stretch, basic and resole packages. See our Recrafting page.
- 365-Day Warranty
- If you suspect your purchase isn’t up to our unrelenting standards, or is defective in any way, we want to make things right. We offer a 365-day warranty across our entire footwear line.