Danner Light Revival
Pick up in store
Setting the Standard Since 1979
As far as this boot is concerned, it's still the golden era of backpacking. To build it, Danner bootmakers sought out leathers similar to those used on the original Danner Light, introduced in 1979. This classic-inspired boot features stitchdown construction and a Vibram Kletterlift outsole with Megagrip for stable traction on a variety of terrain. The Danner Light is still built by hand, in our Portland, Oregon, factory with rich full-grain leather, suede panels and a waterproof GORE-TEX liner.
|Outsole||VIbram® Kletterlift with Megagrip|
|Manufacturing||Made in USA|
Made in USA
This classification of manufacturing is our promise that this product was built from top to bottom in our Portland, Ore. factory. Our USA Made boots are built with the same commitment to superior craftsmanship that we’ve been known for since 1932.
- Full-Grain Leather and Suede Upper
- To allow more comfort around sensitive parts of the foot, we use select pieces of softer suede in addition to our strong and durable full-grain leather.
- GORE-TEX (GTX)
- 100% waterproof and breathable, GORE-TEX liners ensure that no water gets in, while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- Removable Airthotic Foam Footbed
- Inspired by Danner's original Airthotic instep cup, the new updated Ortholite® Airthotic features the same support as the original but with long-lasting Ortholite® cushion. Machine washable and antimicrobial.
- Vibram® Kletterlift Outsole with Megagrip
- Specifically designed for comfort and durability; the heel provides superb shock absorption and the Vibram® Megagrip compound guarantees great traction and stability on both wet and dry surfaces.
- Stitchdown Construction
- Handcrafted to provide a wider platform, our legendary stitchdown construction offers increased stability underfoot. Many of our stitchdown boots can be recrafted.
- How It Fits
- This EE width is designed to fit an average width foot, similar to a D width. The 650 EE last offers a more relaxed fit for casual, everyday wear while still offering support and stability. Since this style runs a little long, we recommend sizing down a half size for the best fit.
- Extend the life of your boot with our recrafting services. This boot is eligible for a number of paid services, including part replacement, leather care and restitching. See our Recrafting page.
- 365-Day Warranty
- If you suspect your purchase isn’t up to our unrelenting standards, or is defective in any way, we want to make things right. We offer a 365-day warranty across our entire footwear line.
Compare Danner Light Styles
Danner Boots in the Wild
Tag us on Instagram @dannerboots and use #Danner in your caption for a chance to be featured.
Designed to complement our boots and held to the same high quality standards.