Legendary foundation. Lightweight construction.
Building off of the foundation of our legendary Quarry work boot, we modernized the construction method to reduce weight and improve fit. We replaced the steel shank, heavy-duty midsole, and lasting board with a single, integrated Bi-Fit shank system. This new platform provides support and protection underfoot while offering cushioning and stability throughout the heel and flexibility in the forefoot. Built for rough, outdoor work conditions, the Gritstone lives up to the durability standards deserving of the Danner name.
OVERBUILT TO MAKE TOUGH JOBS JUST A LITTLE BIT EASIERDurability means a lot to us at Danner. Your work is serious, so making a boot you can rely on day-in and day-out is our only option. That’s why we use durable, waterproof, full-grain leather and triple stitching to build the Gritstone. This combination provides a superior fit and better protection overall. Then we use our signature stitchdown construction to give the Gritstone the strength and stability you need for uneven surfaces and terrain. At the end of the day, the best work boot is one that keeps your mind on the task, not your feet.
BOOTS YOU’LL LOOK FORWARD TO PUTTING ON, NOT TAKING OFF.A day on the job site isn’t done until the job is done right, which means a lot of hours on your feet and in your boots. With the Gritstone, we merge modern technology and classic durability for a boot you actually want to wear. Dual-purpose lacing hardware gives you the option to use traditional hook lacing, providing the right tension in the right place, or a speed lacing solution for easy on, easy off. A Bi-Fit integrated shank provides even more heel and forefoot rigidity and saves valuable weight over a traditional shank. Lastly, a cushioned PU footbed keeps a low profile, but provides valuable comfort under foot day after day, job after job.
READY FOR WHATEVER THE JOB, GROUND, OR SKY THROWS AT YOU.Traction, no matter what you might find underfoot, is critical to staying safe on the job. To make sure the Gritstone would perform in a variety of environments, we worked with Vibram to develop the new Gritstone outsole. It uses an oil-and-slip resistant rubber paired with a tread design similar to an all-weather car tire. It quickly releases any debris you might pick up and avoids hydroplaning on slick days. And knowing the job doesn’t stop just because the weather turns, we gave the Gritstone waterproof protection with our Danner Dry lining.
- Full-Grain Leather Upper
- To ensure its quality, we put our leather through six different tests before making our selection. Our full-grain leathers are the strongest and most durable form of leather.
- Danner Dry
- 100% waterproof barrier allows moisture to escape without letting water in, keeping your feet dry and comfortable all day long.
- Triple Stitched
- Hyper-strong thread is used to triple stitch our toughest boots.
- Dual Purpose Hardware
- Offers speed or hook lacing to meet your personal requirements.
- Electrical Hazard (EH) Protection
- Meets or exceeds ASTM F2892-11 EH. Electrical hazard (EH) footwear is manufactured with non-conductive electrical shock resistant soles and heels.
- oil and slip resistant
- Our oil-and-slip resistant outsoles have been certified to meet OSHA safety standards.
- Bi Fit Board
- By combining the shank, lasting board, and midsole into a single unified piece that is molded to match the shape and contours of our boots, we were able to reduce a significant amount of weight from the boot without sacrificing support.
- Vibram® Gritstone Outsole
- Features oil-and-slip-resistance for superior traction and debris release.
- Stitchdown Construction
- Handcrafted to provide a wider platform, our legendary stitchdown construction offers increased stability underfoot. Many of our stitchdown boots can be recrafted.
- How It Fits
- The 610 is our most universal last and can be worn by all foot shapes and sizes. It provides a snug fit through the heel while allowing ample toe room for most versatile fit. This allows more support and side-to-side movement.
- Extend the life of your boot with our recrafting services. Please note we are unable to replace the liner on this style due to the more technical construction of our lightweight Bi-Fit board. This boot is eligible for a boot stretch, basic and resole packages. See our Recrafting page.
- 58 oz per pair
- Oil & Slip Resistant
- Cushioning Polyurethane
- EH Certified
- Last Type
- Danner® Dry
- Vibram Gritstone
- ASTM F2892-11 EH
- Toe Protection
- Plain Toe
Compare Gritstone Styles
|Non-Insulated||Non-Insulated||400G Thinsulate Ultra||400G Thinsulate Ultra||Non-Insulated||Non-Insulated|
|EH Certified||EH Certified||EH Certified||EH Certified||EH Certified||EH Certified|
|Plain Toe||Alloy Toe||Plain Toe||Composite Toe (NMT)||Plain Toe||Alloy Toe|