A classic logger without the classic logger weight
It's all there: the silhouette of the classic logger heel, the stability of stitchdown construction and the strength of rich, full-grain leather. The only thing missing is the weight you might expect from a boot of this caliber. The Danner Logger was created to bring a new level of lightweight comfort and flexibility to the traditional logger platform.
Making the best betterWe’ve made logging boots since 1932. It’s in our blood. But we’ve never built a pair as light and comfortable as these. The new Danner Logger isn’t a rehash of an older model. It’s a completely new design, built from the ground up on a new footwear last that was sculpted to create a broad and deep toebox while allowing room for a full-length, removable footbed.
Embracing new ideas. Maintaining high standards.Customary bootmaking fundamentals say logging boots need a heavy, metal shank buried deep in a thick rubber midsole. The Danner Logger breaks from that old school theory. It uses our Bi-Fit technology — a method that pairs those separate components into a single structure that’s light and flexible, yet still incredibly supportive.
Stand sure-footed. On our heritage.On rugged and uneven terrain, boots with a broader foundation keep you more stable. That’s why the Logger features our iconic, Danner stitchdown construction. We stitch the Logger’s upper through the boot’s insole board, creating a wider and more stable platform under foot. Vibram's trusted, 360˚ Logger outsole assures substantial edging and superior traction.
- Nubuck Oiled Leather Upper
- We take our top-grain, velvet-like nubuck and oil it to improve its water resistance. This leather upper is extremely durable , while offering a shorter and more comfortable break-in period.
- Danner Dry
- 100% waterproof barrier allows moisture to escape without letting water in, keeping your feet dry and comfortable all day long.
- 400G Thinsulate Ultra Insulation
- High-performance insulation that keeps you warm in the snow and rain without weighing you down.
- Electrical Hazard (EH) Protection
- Meets or exceeds ASTM F2892-11 EH. Electrical hazard (EH) footwear is manufactured with non-conductive electrical shock resistant soles and heels.
- Composite Toe (NMT)
- Our composite toe is non-metallic, does not transmit heat or cold, nor will it set off metal detectors. As expected, it meets or exceeds ASTM F2413-11 M I/75 C/75 EH standards.
- Bi Fit Board
- By combining the shank, lasting board, and midsole into a single unified piece that is molded to match the shape and contours of our boots, we were able to reduce a significant amount of weight from the boot without sacrificing support.
- 90º heel
- Added safety for boots used on steep terrain, climbing in and out of equipment, and use with certain tools.
- Vibram® 360 Logger
- Provides substantial edging and superior traction.
- Stitchdown Construction
- Handcrafted to provide a wider platform, our legendary stitchdown construction offers increased stability underfoot. Many of our stitchdown boots can be recrafted.
- How It Fits
- Designed for the heel fit of a logger outsole, the 607E is an industry standard and is made true to size. The relatively broad and deep toe box area gives more volume in the forefoot and toe.
- Extend the life of your boot with our recrafting services. Please note we are unable to replace the liner on this style due to the more technical construction of our lightweight Bi-Fit board. This boot is eligible for a boot stretch, basic and resole packages. See our Recrafting page.
- 75 oz per pair
- 400G Thinsulate Ultra
- EH Certified
- Last Type
- 607 E
- Danner® Dry
- Vibram 360° Logger
- ASTM F2413-11 M I/75 C/75 EH
- Toe Protection
- Composite Toe (NMT)
Designed to complement our boots and held to the same high quality standards.