8" Black Composite Toe (NMT)
8" Black Composite Toe (NMT)
Pick up in store
Our USA-made staple available exclusively from Danner
Back by popular demand and only available directly from Danner, the Centurion boot has a thick leather upper to protect the forefoot and GORE-TEX lining provides waterproof, breathable protection. Danner's famous stitchdown construction holds the Vibram Montagna outsole to the boot for all-day comfort. It also provides a wider platform for greater stability underfoot. The durable, deep-lugged rubber outsole provides unparalleled traction in any work environment, non-metallic safety toe won't conduct heat or cold.
|Weight||86 oz per pair|
|Safety||ASTM F2413-11 M I/75 C/75 EH|
|Outsole||Vibram 132 Montagna|
|Manufacturing||Made in USA|
|Toe Protection||Composite Toe (NMT)|
Made in USA
This classification of manufacturing is our promise that this product was built from top to bottom in our Portland, Ore. factory. Our USA Made boots are built with the same commitment to superior craftsmanship that we’ve been known for since 1932.
- Danner Direct Only
- This classic boot is handcrafted in our Portland, Ore. factory. While most of our boots are available through our many retail partners, this exclusive style is only available for purchase directly through our website
or in our Danner stores.
- Full-Grain Leather Upper
- To ensure its quality, we put our leather through six different tests before making our selection. Our full-grain leathers are the strongest and most durable form of leather.
- GORE-TEX (GTX)
- 100% waterproof and breathable, GORE-TEX liners ensure that no water gets in, while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- Composite Toe (NMT)
- Our composite toe is non-metallic, does not transmit heat or cold, nor will it set off metal detectors. As expected, it meets or exceeds ASTM F2413-11 M I/75 C/75 EH standards.
- Vibram® 132 Montagna Outsole
- Using a premium, work specific compound, this outsole is more stable underfoot. The durable, deep-lugged rubber provides unparalleled traction in any work environment.
- Stitchdown Construction
- Handcrafted to provide a wider platform, our legendary stitchdown construction offers increased stability underfoot. Many of our stitchdown boots can be recrafted.
- How It Fits
- The 516S is designed specifically for models that include a safety toe. It offers a sleek, slender profile with a toe area that can accommodate the safety toe cap. Boots on this last tend to fit those with a more narrow foot better than those with a wider foot. This ensures a snug fit for terrain and activities that demand support and stability. If you do have a wider foot, we recommend ordering an "EE" (wide) in this style.
- Extend the life of your boot with our recrafting services. This boot is eligible for a number of paid services, including part replacement, leather care and restitching. See our Recrafting page.
Designed to complement our boots and held to the same high quality standards.