Feather Light 917
Feather Light 917
Pick up in store
Revival of a 1980s Danner Original
In 1979, Danner released the iconic Danner Light hiking boot—the first boot on the market to use waterproof GORE-TEX® liners. In the early 1980s, the original Feather Light hit the market. Continuing this evolution, the new Feather Light 917 combines waterproof technology with an exclusive lightweight Vibram® outsole for extra stability and urban performance – part of the next generation of premium Danner boots built for the urban explorer.
|Weight||37 oz per pair|
|Last Type||971 Updated|
- Suede Upper
- These uppers are made from rich, durable suede.
- GORE-TEX (GTX)
- 100% waterproof and breathable, GORE-TEX liners ensure that no water gets in, while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- Open Cell Polyurethane Footbed
- Our polyurethane footbed provides superior shock absorption with an additional layer of open cell construction for improved air circulation.
- Vibram® SPE Midsole
- This rubberized EVA midsole maintains the same cushioning properties as traditional EVA, but is more durable and won’t break down as easily. This technology enhances rebound, comfort and support.
- Vibram® 917 Outsole
- Exclusive outsole for Danner featuring XS Trek rubber compound for an optimal balance of durability and traction in wet conditions on the trail or city streets.
- Modernized Stitchdown Construction
- Combines our traditional stitchdown technique with cup sole construction that allows the boot to keep a wider platform while eliminating the need for a buffed sidewall. This gives our sneaker boots a modern aesthetic and lightweight, flexible finish.
- How It Fits
- This boot is built on a new great-fitting, ergonomic last based on our existing 971. It's true to size with more of a gentleman's boot fit updated with added footbed allowance for stability and greater underfoot support. It's easy to wear and comfortable for use in a variety of casual environments.
Compare 917 Series Styles
Designed to complement our boots and held to the same high quality standards.