A meeting of outdoor traditions
Known for durability and versatility, Danner and Orvis have become a staple for both hiking and hunting around the globe. For the first time, we've come together to develop a special-edition, USA-made boot – the Orvis Danner Light II. Updated with durable Cordura® side panels in traditional Orvis green, and the premium, waterproof full-grain leather upper sports both Orvis and Danner logos on the tongue. The Orvis Danner Light II also features a Vibram® Sierra outsole with Megagrip, providing the ultimate traction for all terrain and conditions, ideal for chasing down pheasant and locating that perfect fishing spot.
Traditions of ExcellenceThe Orvis Danner Light II was built to live up to not only one legendary reputation, but two. No easy task for any boot. Using our premium full-grain leather, that’s passed all our stringent quality testing, and combining it with abrasion-resistant Cordura in the signature Orvis green, we created an upper ready for any hunt. Then, we turned to industry leading GORE-TEX for the best breathable waterproof protection on the market, promising to keep your feet dry and comfortable.
Now with Vibram MegagripThe Vibram Sierra outsole is a classic for good reason; it's extra-stable and dominates rugged outdoor terrain. Decades on and it’s still one of the best available. For the Orvis x Danner collaboration, Vibram infused the legendary Sierra with their cutting-edge Megagrip compound. With this combination you get incredible traction on wet and dry surfaces for improved performance without sacrificing the iconic look of the Danner Light II. Win win.
American boots from American LegendsMade in USA, the Orvis Danner Light II is built by hand in our Portland, Ore. factory. We've been building Danner Light boots for nearly 40 years and our local craftsmen are trained to make the highest-quality product. We knew that keeping production here, at home, would allow us to build the ultimate boot for the modern outdoorsman. And if the need ever arises, we'll be ready to recraft them so they're ready to spend many more years in the field.
- A Collaboration with Orvis
- The Orvis Danner Light II was built to live up not only to one legendary reputation, but two. This limited edition boot borrows the iconic Orvis green and pairs it with our handcrafted Danner style, made in our Portland, Ore. factory.
- Full-Grain Leather & Nylon Upper
- For a durably and highly abrasion resistant upper, we combine our premium full-grain leather with nylon panels.
- GORE-TEX (GTX)
- 100% waterproof and breathable, GORE-TEX liners ensure that no water gets in, while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- Two Lace Options
- Because you can never have too many laces, this pair comes with an alternative color.
- Danner Airthotic
- This molded polyurethane instep cups the heel and supports the arch of the foot. Its half-length shape includes perforations to help air flow within your boots.
- PU Midsole
- With integrated polypropylene board to provide support underneath the entire length of the foot.
- Vibram® 1276 Sierra Outsole
- Lightweight comfort with superb shock absorption, this outsole uses Megagrip compound that guarantees great traction and stability on both wet and dry surfaces.
- Stitchdown Construction
- Handcrafted to provide a wider platform, our legendary stitchdown construction offers increased stability underfoot. Many of our stitchdown boots can be recrafted.
- How It Fits
- The 650 last offers a sleek, slender profile with a more narrow fit. Boots on this last tend to fit those with a more narrow foot better than those with a wider foot. This ensures a snug fit for terrain and activities that demand support and stability. If you do have a wider foot, we recommend ordering an "EE" (wide) in this style.
- Extend the life of your boot with our recrafting services. This boot is eligible for a number of services, including part replacement, leather care and restitching. See our Recrafting page.
- 61 oz per pair
- Timber Brown/Orvis Green
- Danner Airthotic
- Fiberglass Shank
- Last Type
- Vibram 1276 Sierra Megagrip
- Made in USA
Made in USA
This classification of manufacturing is our promise that this product was built from top to bottom in our Portland, Ore. factory. Our USA Made boots are built with the same commitment to superior craftsmanship that we’ve been known for since 1932.
Designed to complement our boots and held to the same high quality standards.