Unwavering traction and durability for warmer hikes
The South Rim 600 shares some of your favorites features with our Mountain 600 series such as the Vibram SPE midsole and Vibram Fuga outsole. The South Rim 600 sets itself apart with a Suede and textile upper lined with Air Mesh to make it more hospitable in warmer temperatures.
Making hot summer miles coolerThe South Rim balances lightweight breathability with Danner durability by combining brushed suede and strategically placed abrasion-resistant mesh paneling. Inside the boot is an air mesh liner that adds even more air circulation.
More energy for more milesAt the core of our South Rim boots is the Vibram SPE midsole. Developed with our partners at Vibram, this midsole uses a rubberized EVA material that is two times more resilient than traditional EVA and less susceptible to breaking down. With enhanced energy rebound, you'll have less foot fatigue and more energy for whatever challenges the trail brings.
Superior grip no matter the tractionGrip and the confidence you'll have it when you need it are a must in any boot built for the outdoors. When it comes to engineering the perfect outsole for hiking, we turn to the experts at Vibram. The South Rim uses Vibram's Fuga outsole with specially formulated Megagrip rubber compound. Renowned for its superior traction on both wet and dry surfaces, the Fuga outsole also has self adapting lugs that form and grip to changing terrain.
- Suede & Nylon Upper
- Suede leather and abrasion-resistant nylon work together to create a super durable, comfortable upper.
- Air Mesh Lining
- Breathable, moisture-wicking air mesh lining and ventilation technology for comfort in hot weather.
- Removable OrthoLite Footbed
- The entire footbed is made of open-cell polyurethane for better heat dissipation and air circulation in addition to superior cushioning and support.
- Vibram® SPE Midsole
- This rubberized EVA midsole maintains the same cushioning properties as traditional EVA, but is more durable and won’t break down as easily. This technology enhances rebound, comfort and support.
- Vibram® Fuga Outsole
- With its self-adapting lugs and specially formulated Megagrip compound, this outsole provides incredible grip on both wet and dry surfaces.
- How It Fits
- Designed for versatility, the DPDX has a low profile for everyday wear. Whether on the trail or urban exploring, this last was built to offer enough room for comfort while maintaining a sleek profile. Ortholite footbed included. Please note the South Rim 600 fits slightly large and we recommend sizing down a half size for best fit.
- 32 oz per pair
- Nylon Shank
- Last Type
- Air Mesh
- Vibram Fuga