Crag Rat USA
Pick up in store
From treeline to tundra
As treeline drops away and solid footing becomes rare, trust between you and your boots is critical. The Crag Rat USA is built to live up to the demands of the high-alpine trail. Constructed in our Portland, Ore. factory, it's designed for heavy hiking, backpacking and light mountaineering. Using premium components like GORE-TEX and Vibram, you can be confident it will perform when you’re way out. The Crag Rat USA incorporates a waterproof, breathable lining, full rubber rand and our Dynamic Response System to create an adaptive platform you can rely on every step of the way, no matter the weather or the footing.
|Weight||59 oz per pair|
|Manufacturing||Made in USA with Imported Components|
Made in USA with Imported Components
We source the best materials from around the world and utilize some construction work overseas before shipping partially assembled components to be finished in our Portland, Oregon factory. Once in our factory, the boot uppers are formed and the entire bottom of the boot is constructed by hand, giving us greater control over the finished product. This manufacturing process allows us to bring you a less expensive USA made boot without compromising the quality you expect from Danner.
- GORE-TEX (GTX)
- 100% waterproof and breathable, GORE-TEX liners ensure that no water gets in, while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- Removable OrthoLite Footbed
- Three layers of varying density are combined for maximum cushioning and support. The entire footbed is made of open-cell polyurethane for better heat dissipation and air circulation.
- PU Midsole
- With integrated polypropylene board to provide support underneath the entire length of the foot.
- Vibram® Tsavo Outsole
- Superior traction in rugged, high-angle terrain.
- Dynamic Response System
- Engineered for optimal stability, the unique framework allows for springboard return, even in cold environments, while the dual-density midsole provides superior shock absorption and durability.
- How It Fits
- The 851 last is an update to our popular 850 last. This last fits true to size with an athletic and supportive fit while providing ample room in the toe. Offering a specific heel shape that locks the heel in place for better fit and comfort on the back end of the boot, this supportive fit is ideal for those needing high mileage performance from their gear.
- 365-Day Warranty
- If you suspect your purchase isn’t up to our unrelenting standards, or is defective in any way, we want to make things right. We offer a 365-day warranty across our entire footwear line.
Designed to complement our boots and held to the same high quality standards.