Legendary foundation. Lightweight construction.
Building off of the foundation of our legendary Quarry work boot, we modernized the construction method to reduce weight and improve fit. We replaced the steel shank, heavy-duty midsole, and lasting board with a single, integrated Bi-Fit shank system. This new platform provides support and protection underfoot while offering cushioning and stability throughout the heel and flexibility in the forefoot. Built for rough, outdoor work conditions, the Gritstone lives up to the durability standards deserving of the Danner name.
- Full-Grain Leather Upper
- To ensure its quality, we put our leather through six different tests before making our selection. Our full-grain leathers are the strongest and most durable form of leather.
- Danner Dry
- 100% waterproof barrier allows moisture to escape without letting water in, keeping your feet dry and comfortable all day long.
- Triple Stitched
- Hyper-strong thread is used to triple stitch our toughest boots.
- Dual Purpose Hardware
- Offers speed or hook lacing to meet your personal requirements.
- 400G Thinsulate Ultra Insulation
- High-performance insulation that keeps you warm in the snow and rain without weighing you down.
- Electrical Hazard (EH) Protection
- Meets or exceeds ASTM F2892-11 EH. Electrical hazard (EH) footwear is manufactured with non-conductive electrical shock resistant soles and heels.
- oil and slip resistant
- Our oil-and-slip resistant outsoles have been certified to meet OSHA safety standards.
- Bi Fit Board
- By combining the shank, lasting board, and midsole into a single unified piece that is molded to match the shape and contours of our boots, we were able to reduce a significant amount of weight from the boot without sacrificing support.
- Vibram® Gritstone Outsole
- Features oil-and-slip-resistance for superior traction and debris release.
- Stitchdown Construction
- Handcrafted to provide a wider platform, our legendary stitchdown construction offers increased stability underfoot. Many of our stitchdown boots can be recrafted.
- How It Fits
- The 610 is our most universal last and can be worn by all foot shapes and sizes. It provides a snug fit through the heel while allowing ample toe room for most versatile fit. This allows more support and side-to-side movement.
- Extend the life of your boot with our recrafting services. Please note we are unable to replace the liner on this style due to the more technical construction of our lightweight Bi-Fit board. This boot is eligible for a boot stretch, basic and resole packages. See our Recrafting page.
- 72 oz per pair
- 400G Thinsulate Ultra
- Oil & Slip Resistant
- Cushioning Polyurethane
- EH Certified
- ASTM F2892-11 EH
- Last Type
- Danner® Dry
- Vibram Gritstone
- ASTM F2892-11 EH
- Toe Protection
- Plain Toe
Compare Gritstone Styles
|Non-Insulated||Non-Insulated||400G Thinsulate Ultra||400G Thinsulate Ultra||Non-Insulated||Non-Insulated|
|EH Certified||EH Certified||EH Certified||EH Certified||EH Certified||EH Certified|
|Plain Toe||Alloy Toe||Plain Toe||Composite Toe (NMT)||Plain Toe||Alloy Toe|
Designed to complement our boots and held to the same high quality standards.