Pick up in store
THE EVOLUTION OF A CLASSIC. BUILT FOR LIFE OUTSIDE.
The Explorer 650 is our answer to the question: What if we designed the Danner Light today? As one of our oldest and dearest boots, the Danner Light led the outdoor industry in innovation in 1979, as the first piece of footwear to feature a GORE-TEX® liner. Decades later, we're taking that same drive for technical innovation and starting fresh, applying all we’ve learned since then. Integrating new technology from top to bottom, the Explorer 650 is a multi-use, seven-day-a-week hiker that exudes our performance heritage aesthetic in paying homage to the Danner Light. It’s the perfect evolution of a timeless hiking boot.
|Weight||32 oz per pair|
- Suede & Nylon Upper
- Suede leather and abrasion-resistant nylon work together to create a super durable, comfortable upper.
- Danner Dry
- 100% waterproof barrier allows moisture to escape without letting water in, keeping your feet dry and comfortable all day long.
- Removable OrthoLite Footbed
- Three layers of varying density are combined for maximum cushioning and support. The entire footbed is made of open-cell polyurethane for better heat dissipation and air circulation.
- Vibram® SPE Midsole
- This rubberized EVA midsole maintains the same cushioning properties as traditional EVA, but is more durable and won’t break down as easily. This technology enhances rebound, comfort and support.
- Vibram® Escape Outsole
- Custom outsole for our Explorer 650 features self-adapting lugs and specially formulated Megagrip compound, this outsole provides incredible grip on both wet and dry surfaces.
- How It Fits
- Designed for versatility, the DPDX has a low profile for everyday wear. Whether on the trail or urban exploring, this last was built to offer enough room for comfort while maintaining a sleek profile. Ortholite footbed included.
Designed to complement our boots and held to the same high quality standards.