40th Anniversary Edition
40th Anniversary Edition
Pick up in store
Honoring four decades of premium, USA manufacturing.
In the late 1970's, our designers experimented with a new textile on the market called GORE-TEX. Until then, no one had used the waterproof, breathable membrane in footwear. Forty years ago, we changed the game with the introduction of the Danner Light - the first boot to feature GORE-TEX liners. The utilitarian design was quickly adopted by hikers, hunters and outdoor workers in the Pacific Northwest as the most versatile waterproof boot on the market.
|Weight||61 oz per pair|
|Traction||Best for All-Terrain|
|Last Type||650 EE|
|Manufacturing||Made in USA|
Made in USA
This classification of manufacturing is our promise that this product was built from top to bottom in our Portland, Ore. factory. Our USA Made boots are built with the same commitment to superior craftsmanship that we’ve been known for since 1932.
- Full-Grain Leather & 1000 Denier Nylon Upper
- Made from a combination of our premium full-grain leather and 1000 Denier nylon, this upper is extremely durable.
- GORE-TEX (GTX)
- 100% waterproof and breathable, GORE-TEX liners ensure that no water gets in, while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- Removable Airthotic Foam Footbed
- Inspired by Danner's original Airthotic instep cup, the new updated Ortholite® Airthotic features the same support as the original but with long-lasting Ortholite® cushion. Machine washable and antimicrobial.
- Vibram® Kletterlift Outsole
- Specifically designed for comfort and durability; the heel provides superb shock absorption and the Vibram® Megagrip compound guarantees great traction and stability on both wet and dry surfaces.
- Stitchdown Construction
- Handcrafted to provide a wider platform, our legendary stitchdown construction offers increased stability underfoot. Many of our stitchdown boots can be recrafted.
- How It Fits
- This EE width is designed to fit an average width foot, similar to a D width. The 650 EE last offers a more relaxed fit for casual, everyday wear while still offering support and stability. Since this style runs a little long, we recommend sizing down a half size for the best fit.
- Extend the life of your boot with our recrafting services. This boot is eligible for a number of paid services, including part replacement, leather care and restitching. See our Recrafting page.
Compare Danner Light Styles
Designed to complement our boots and held to the same high quality standards.