Strive for perfection. And then improve upon it.
The original Workman was released in 2004. It was an instant favorite among tradesmen, carpenters, and other skilled workers who understood that one pair of well-made boots would outlast three pairs of mediocre ones. Today the original Workman is back, with a few improvements. Under the classic silhouette and natural leather, you’ll find a completely new approach to support and comfort - one that makes the new Workman 13% lighter than its predecessor.
It’s not a slipper. But compared to other boots, it may feel like one.In traditional boot construction the shank, midsole, and lasting board are separate components. They work together to provide stability and support. For the Workman, we re-envisioned that concept. Our bi-fit technology provides all the support and stability of a traditional set-up, while drastically reducing weight. The Workman is 13% lighter than previous generations.
Inspired by the past. But not stuck in it.When we introduced the original Workman over a decade ago, we knew we had created something unique. But at Danner, the itch to improve is unrelenting. So for the reboot of this classic, we collaborated with Vibram, creating the first work boot in the world to incorporate Vibram’s new SPE midsole. Created with a unique blend of rubber and EVA, this midsole improves resiliency, cushioning, and durability, while minimizing weight. We then paired that midsole with a custom Vibram Workman outsole that’s more slip resistant than ever.
That’s no run-of-the-mill cowhide you’re looking atThe Workman is covered in rich aniline leather. It’s preserved using a process that colors and protects without concealing natural characteristics. That means every single boot naturally represents the tough hide that it’s crafted from and throughout the life of the boot. The leather gets betters with age.
- Full-Grain, Oiled Leather Upper
- After incorporating oil into the tanning process, we take the oiled, full-grain leather and put it through a series of rigorous testing to ensure its strength and durability. This form of leather is more resistant to water and other liquid damage and require less maintenance over time.
- GORE-TEX (GTX)
- 100% waterproof and breathable, GORE-TEX liners ensure that no water gets in, while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- Electrical Hazard (EH) Protection
- Meets or exceeds ASTM F2892-11 EH. Electrical hazard (EH) footwear is manufactured with non-conductive electrical shock resistant soles and heels.
- Bi Fit Board
- By combining the shank, lasting board, and midsole into a single unified piece that is molded to match the shape and contours of our boots, we were able to reduce a significant amount of weight from the boot without sacrificing support.
- Vibram® SPE Midsole
- This rubberized EVA midsole maintains the same cushioning properties as traditional EVA, but is more durable and won’t break down as easily. This technology enhances rebound, comfort and support.
- Vibram® Workman Outsole
- Designed for indoor trades with a low-lug pattern for all-day comfort.
- Stitchdown Construction
- Handcrafted to provide a wider platform, our legendary stitchdown construction offers increased stability underfoot. Many of our stitchdown boots can be recrafted.
- How It Fits
- The 610 is our most universal last and can be worn by all foot shapes and sizes. It provides a snug fit through the heel while allowing ample toe room for most versatile fit. This allows more support and side-to-side movement.
- Extend the life of your boot with our recrafting services. Please note we are unable to replace the liner on this style due to the more technical construction of our lightweight Bi-Fit board. This boot is eligible for a boot stretch, basic and resole packages. See our Recrafting page.
- 57 oz per pair
- EH Certified
- ASTM F2892-11 EH
- Last Type
- Vibram Workman
- ASTM F2892-11 EH
- Toe Protection
- Plain Toe
Designed to complement our boots and held to the same high quality standards.