Ready for any mission, any environment, any time.
Developed side by side with the United States Marine Corps, the RAT (Rugged All Terrain) earned its name among elite warfighters as being the only proven USMC rugged all terrain boot available. Precisely crafted with a highly durable nubuck leather, a tear resistant 1000 Denier nylon, an abrasion-resistant polyurethane reinforced heel and toe cap and an advanced Vibram 360 Dri Ice outsole, the RAT embodies Danner's commitment to crafting higher standards. We recommend women select 1.5 to 2 full sizes down for correct fit.
- Nubuck Leather & 1000 Denier Nylon Upper
- For superior abrasion- and scuff-resistance, we use full grain nubuck leather combined with lightweight, breathable Denier nylon. This combination offers some of the best protection in cold and wet environments.
- USMC Certified
- Developed side by side with the United States Marine Corps, the RAT (Rugged All Terrain) earned its name among elite warfighters as being the only proven USMC rugged all terrain boot available.
- Speed Lace System
- Our special hardware allows you to tighten from toe to top with one swift tug for a secure, tight fit.
- Electrical Hazard (EH) Protection
- Meets or exceeds ASTM F2892-11 EH. Electrical hazard (EH) footwear is manufactured with non-conductive electrical shock resistant soles and heels.
- Steel Toe (ST)
- Meets or exceeds ASTM F2413-11M I/75 C/75 EH standards and ASTM F2413-11 F I/75 C/75 EH.
- Vibram® 360 Dri Ice Outsole
- An advanced lug design combined with Vibram's Dri-Ice compound keeps this outsole flexible and stable in extreme cold.
- Extended Sizes
- To accommodate more people, we've made this boot in extended sizes. We recommend women select 1.5 to 2 full sizes down for correct fit.
- Stitchdown Construction
- Handcrafted to provide a wider platform, our legendary stitchdown construction offers increased stability underfoot. Many of our stitchdown boots can be recrafted.
- How It Fits
- The 516S is designed specifically for models that include a safety toe. It offers a sleek, slender profile with a toe area that can accommodate the safety toe cap. Boots on this last tend to fit those with a more narrow foot better than those with a wider foot. This ensures a snug fit for terrain and activities that demand support and stability. If you do have a wider foot, we recommend ordering an "EE" (wide) in this style.
- Extend the life of your boot with our recrafting services. This boot is eligible for a number of services, including part replacement, leather care and restitching. See our Recrafting page.
- 80 oz per pair
- EH Certified
- Product Category
- Last Type
- Vibram 360 Dri Ice
- Made in USA
- ASTM F2413-11 M I/75 C/75 EH
- Toe Protection
- Steel Toe
Made in USA
This classification of manufacturing is our promise that this product was built from top to bottom in our Portland, Ore. factory. Our USA Made boots are built with the same commitment to superior craftsmanship that we’ve been known for since 1932.
Designed to complement our boots and held to the same high quality standards.