Explore beyond the familiar
Inspired by decades of legendary hiking boots, we partnered with Vibram to forge a new path in hiking footwear. The combination of the Vibram SPE midsole and Fuga outsole gives unparalleled grip on wet and dry surfaces while providing superior cushioning without the weight. Designed to withstand the summer climate and terrain of the Pacific Northwest, we utilized a carbon-washed textile upper and an air mesh liner for breathability in warm temperatures. The Mountain 600 defines a new category in hiking boots we call Performance Heritage - combining our classic styling with lightweight innovation.
Vibram SPE midsoleThe Danner Mountain 600 features the Vibram SPE (Specialized Performance Elastomer) midsole, an all-new, technical compound engineered to deliver greater comfort and flexibility. Created with a unique co-polymer blend of synthetic natural rubber and EVA, this midsole improves resiliency, cushioning, and durability, while minimizing weight.
EnduroWeave UpperOur new EnduroWeave fabric makes the Mountain 600 even lighter without losing the durability that Danner has always been known for. Utilizing a super tight weave and a carbon wash makes EnduroWeave extremely abrasion resistant in spite of being incredibly lightweight. The tightly woven material allows air to circulate easily, making this boot highly breathable.
Vibram Fuga OutsoleBy combining the SPE midsole with the Vibram Fuga outsole, we were able to achieve the perfect balance between flexibility and traction. The pliable SPE midsole and flex lines of the Fuga outsole allow your foot to expand to a wider surface, while the unique self-adaptive lug pattern grips at multiple angles. This combination provides ultimate stability when traversing across rocky trails or scree. The entire outsole is infused with Vibram’s Megagrip rubber technology for ultimate hold on wet and dry terrain.
- EnduroWeave Upper
- For enhanced breathability and durability, we constructed this upper out of a lightweight textile with an additional carbon wash.
- Air Mesh Lining
- Breathable, moisture-wicking air mesh lining and ventilation technology for comfort in hot weather.
- Abrasion Resistant Heel
- A durable, PU coated leather piece provides greater abrasion resistance on the back of the boot.
- Removable OrthoLite Footbed
- Three layers of varying density are combined for maximum cushioning and support. The entire footbed is made of open-cell polyurethane for better heat dissipation and air circulation.
- Vibram® SPE Midsole
- This rubberized EVA midsole maintains the same cushioning properties as traditional EVA, but is more durable and won’t break down as easily. This technology enhances rebound, comfort and support.
- Vibram® Fuga Outsole
- With its self-adapting lugs and specially formulated Megagrip compound, this outsole provides incredible grip on both wet and dry surfaces.
- How It Fits
- Designed for versatility, the DPDX has a low profile for everyday wear. Whether on the trail or urban exploring, this last was built to offer enough room for comfort while maintaining a sleek profile. Ortholite footbed included. Please note the Mountain 600 fits slightly large and we recommend sizing down a half size for best fit.
- 27 oz per pair
- Last Type
- Air Mesh
- Vibram Fuga
Designed to complement our boots and held to the same high quality standards.