Inspired by the legendary Danner Light
The Explorer 650 combines Danner heritage with the latest performance features. The result is a lightweight, agile hiker. The Vibram® SPE midsole provides a durable, cushioning platform and the Vibram® Megagrip outsole technology offers best-in-class traction for multiple types of terrain.
LIGHT ON YOUR FEET, TO CONQUER LONGER TRAILS.Ensuring the Explorer 650 was light and comfortable for long days on the trail was a primary goal when we undertook its design. Taking a cue from the Explorer 650’s predecessor, the Danner Light, we strategically replaced sections of the leather upper with large durable nylon panels. This shaved off significant weight and improved breathability, with the added benefit of a shorter break-in time. After analyzing wear patterns and traction points on test boots, we made the boot even lighter by removing unnecessary rubber under the arch, which rarely needs traction. Light, comfortable, and breathable, the Explorer 650 leaves little excuse for not being fast on the trail.
SECURE FOOTING FOR INSECURE GROUNDWorking with the engineers at Vibram, we designed a new outsole that uses their Megagrip compound and self-adapting lug pattern for superior grip on both wet and dry terrain. We matched the new sole with Vibram’s lightweight and energy-rebounding SPE midsole which uses infused natural rubber for increased durability and minimal weight. With the Explorer 650 you know that whichever approach you choose, your footing will be solid yet comfy.
A DANNER CLASSIC REIMAGINEDWhen it comes to making durable boots that you can rely on, we’ve been leading the pack since 1932. We set the standard for waterproof hiking boots in the '70s with the launch of our Danner Light. And in the years since, we’ve learned lessons with each boot we've built. The Explorer 650 is an expression of our always testing tradition. Today, the Explorer 650 uses our Danner Dry liner to be waterproof just like its game changing predecessor. Materials advance and evolve but we’re always dedicated to building high-quality, reliable boots, whether in the '70s with the Danner Light or today with the Explorer 650.
- Full-Grain Leather & Nylon Upper
- For a durably and highly abrasion resistant upper, we combine our premium full-grain leather with nylon panels.
- Danner Dry
- 100% waterproof barrier allows moisture to escape without letting water in, keeping your feet dry and comfortable all day long.
- Removable OrthoLite Footbed
- Three layers of varying density are combined for maximum cushioning and support. The entire footbed is made of open-cell polyurethane for better heat dissipation and air circulation.
- Vibram® SPE Midsole
- This rubberized EVA midsole maintains the same cushioning properties as traditional EVA, but is more durable and won’t break down as easily. This technology enhances rebound, comfort and support.
- Vibram® Escape Outsole
- Custom outsole for our Explorer 650 features self-adapting lugs and specially formulated Megagrip compound, this outsole provides incredible grip on both wet and dry surfaces.
- How It Fits
- Designed for versatility, the DPDX has a low profile for everyday wear. Whether on the trail or urban exploring, this last was built to offer enough room for comfort while maintaining a sleek profile. Ortholite footbed included.
- 30 oz per pair
- Exposed TPU
- Last Type
- Danner® Dry
- Vibram® Escape