The future is strong
Born from logging and exploration, Danner is a Pacific Northwest original. Every boot is handmade to hold up in unforgiving conditions and live up to our unyielding standards. The Stronghold work boot is what happens when more than 85 years of legendary quality, durability and heritage runs into modern construction, technology and materials. You get tomorrow’s classic today.
NO BREAK IN BEFORE YOU BREAK THEM OUTStart with a last that’s proven from years on the job. Add a supple leather that starts soft and only gets better as it conforms to your foot over time. Top it off with a sole platform that’s designed to cradle your foot. What you get is a boot that doesn’t need to be broken in. It’s all day comfort from the first time you wear it.
STRENGTH THAT STARTS RIGHT FROM WHERE YOU STANDThe Stronghold has a sole that’s built for comfort and stability. The SPE midsole lays out cushioning that feels super soft and returns energy on every step. It pairs perfectly with the oil-and-slip resistant Vibram outsole designed to grip great across all kinds of terrain. Round it out with a 90 degree heel designed to climb and you have a sole you can count on.
TOMORROW’S CLASSIC TODAYDanner makes the timeless iconic boots you remember and the Stronghold brings style inspired by that legacy. Its heritage-born upper combined with the lace-to-toe design give it the credentials to be a classic—and unmistakably Danner.
ROCK SOLID DURABILITYAt every point, the Stronghold is designed to be durable. A seamless single piece of full grain leather makes for a waterproof, hard-to-tear upper and PU coated leather panels in high-wear areas serve to double up your defenses.
- Full-Grain Leather Upper
- To ensure its quality, we put our leather through six different tests before making our selection. Our full-grain leathers are the strongest and most durable form of leather.
- Danner Dry
- 100% waterproof barrier allows moisture to escape without letting water in, keeping your feet dry and comfortable all day long.
- Electrical Hazard (EH) Protection
- Meets or exceeds ASTM F2892-11 EH. Electrical hazard (EH) footwear is manufactured with non-conductive electrical shock resistant soles and heels.
- Composite Toe (NMT)
- Our composite toe is non-metallic, does not transmit heat or cold, nor will it set off metal detectors. As expected, it meets or exceeds ASTM F2413-11 M I/75 C/75 EH standards.
- Vibram® SPE Midsole
- This rubberized EVA midsole maintains the same cushioning properties as traditional EVA, but is more durable and won’t break down as easily. This technology enhances rebound, comfort and support.
- Vibram® Stronghold
- The custom Vibram® Stronghold Outsole is oil-and-slip-resistant and offers traction on wet and dry surfaces with a 90° heel.
- How It Fits
- Designed for versatility, the DPDX has a low profile for everyday wear. Whether on the trail or urban exploring, this last was built to offer enough room for comfort while maintaining a sleek profile. Ortholite footbed included.
- 51 oz per pair
- Oil & Slip Resistant
- Nylon Shank
- EH Certified
- ASTM F2413-11 M I/75 C/75 EH
- Last Type
- Danner® Dry
- Vibram Stronghold
- Toe Protection
- Composite Toe (NMT)
Designed to complement our boots and held to the same high quality standards.