Vicious 4.5" Black
We borrowed the lightweight, agile Trailguard platform from our hiking boots to engineer this work boot to be nimble and tough from the ground up. This new last is designed to cup your heel for a secure fit while offering a little more room in the toe box to accommodate feet that are carrying heavy loads or changing directions quickly. It also comes with a dual density EVA midsole for extra shock absorption and comfort. The oil and slip resistant outsole has a low-profile, 90 degree heel making it versatile enough for indoor and outdoor work. For really tough jobs, it has an abrasion-resistant heel cap and a waterproof, breathable GORE-TEX® liner.
- 100% waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX® liner is engineered to keep your feet dry and comfortable - even in extreme conditions
- Rich, oiled nubuck leather offers comfortable moisture protection and long term endurance for all jobsite conditions
- Danner Trailguard platform provides lightweight, seamless support to provide a roomier fit in the toe box while still offering a snug fit in the heel.
- Abrasion-resistant heel cap for durability
- Speed lace system for a secure, tight fit
- Vibram® Vicious outsole is oil and slip resistant and has a low-profile 90 degree heel
- Nylon shank
- 4.5" height
- 46 oz
The DLE-01 last was designed to be an extension of the foot with superior forefoot and heel capture, stability and a more anatomical shape for comfort. The additional space in the toebox allows the foot to naturally react when bearing a heavy load or changing directions laterally in high intensity environments.
Tips for the Perfect Fit
- Measure both feet. If one foot is slightly larger than the other, select a size that fits the larger of the two.
- Consider the type of socks you’ll be wearing with your boot. For thicker socks, you may want to select a half size larger than you normally wear.
- When you do receive your boots, we recommend first wearing them indoors for a few hours to ensure they’re the right fit.
Free Return Shipping
Rest assured that if the boot you receive doesn’t fit correctly, we pay for return shipping back to us. You can order with confidence knowing return shipping is always on us.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Water Resistance Topnotch
- Sizes Run Small
- Hiking When Wet
My brother gave me these boots because he had worn them a couple of times outdoors and found out he could no longer return them. He ordered them in a size 12. He usually takes a 12, and found they were too small. It appears that he should have ordered them in EE width as I take a size 11 and they're still tight in the toes. Build quality is excellent. If you have any question about your foot width go wide.
- Was this a gift?:
I wear these a few days a week working at grain elevators. They have been slip resistant and water-proof so far. However, any water that goes over the tongue will easily get in.
My feet do get warm in these, but not unbearably so.
There is not a lot cushioning inside, but that is typical of Danner. I put different insoles to make them more bearable. My feet are average width, but I still had to get the Wide version. I think they need to get new test people for comfort and sizing.
The tread seems to have held up well, but again I am not wearing these everyday...Thank the Lord
- Was this a gift?: