Flashpoint II 10" All Leather Black
We wanted to give wildland firefighters and smokejumpers the toughest, safest, most comfortable boot that human hands could build. To make it happen, we used Vibram® Fire Logger outsoles, special Nomex® stitching, and fire-retardant leather. We put these pieces together in a boot that was designed for exceptional comfort, fit, and durability.
- Fire, puncture, and water-resistant 8 oz leather is the most rugged, toughest leather we've ever put on a boot
- Danner's hand crafted stitchdown construction provides a wider platform for increased stability underfoot
- Nomex® fire resistant triple stitching for superior endurance
- Vibram® 360 degree Fire Logger outsole compound designed for fire and abrasion resistance and provide substantial edging and superior traction
- Steel shank
- 10" height for ultimate support and stability
- 100 oz
- NFPA 1977; 2011 edition certified
- Made in the USA with US and Imported components
The 74 last is designed specifically for traditional logger style boots containing a removable footbed. It offers a standard profile with a more regular fit. Boots on this last tend to fit true to size. This ensures a snug fit for terrain and activities that demand support and stability. If you do have a wider foot, we recommend ordering an "EE" (wide) or “EEEE” (extra wide) in this style.
Tips for the Perfect Fit
- Measure both feet. If one foot is slightly larger than the other, select a size that fits the larger of the two.
- Consider the type of socks you’ll be wearing with your boot. For thicker socks, you may want to select a half size larger than you normally wear.
- When you do receive your boots, we recommend first wearing them indoors for a few hours to ensure they’re the right fit.
Free Return Shipping
Rest assured that if the boot you receive doesn’t fit correctly, we pay for return shipping back to us. You can order with confidence knowing return shipping is always on us.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Great traction
- Heavy duty
- Sharp looking
- loose heel
- Wildland Firefighting
- Yard Work
These are great boots, that look sharp. The aggresive tread, makes climbing loose slopes a breeze. They only have one drawback for me. The heel area is a bit too loose for me. I've tried lacing the boots really tight, in order to prevent my heels from shifting up and down. Too keep them from shifting, I needed two pairs of socks, one set being heavy wool socks.
Due to the boot not having an inner liner, the rough leather will abrade your inner heels, causing bad blisters. To prevent this, try adding moleskin to your inner heels, before using heavy socks.
- Was this a gift?:
- Comfortable Break-in
- Comfortable fit
- Comfortable out of the bo
- Great construction
- A Bit Tight In The Tongue
- Forestry Work
- Wildland Fire Fighting
These boots are made for wildland fire fighting. They are flame resistant and heavy for a reason and everything about them is overbuilt. I think they are easer to wear than Whites, and the fit for a non custom boot is, for me, superb. I will need a couple of seasons to judge the performance and durability, but so far, I'm very pleased!
- Was this a gift?: