Bull Run 8" Brown ST Cristy
Featuring the strength and durability of Danner's hand-crafted, stitchdown construction, the Bull Run is made in our Portland, Ore factory with an unlined, full-grain leather upper. The well-oiled, rich leather molds to your foot with minimal break-in and provides lightweight, cool comfort for work in warmer temperatures.
- Durable, well-oiled, full-grain leather upper
- Danner's hand crafted stitchdown construction provides a wider platform for increased stability underfoot
- Polyurethane footbeds are cushioned for all day comfort
- This non-marking Vibram 4014 Cristy outsole is made from blown rubber, a softer compound designed for extreme comfort
- Fiberglass shank
- 8" height
- 61 oz per pair
- Made in the USA with imported parts
- Steel safety toe meets or exceeds ASTM standard F2413-11 I/75 C/75 EH. Electrical hazard (EH) footwear is manufactured with non-conductive electrical shock resistant soles and heels.
The 516S is designed specifically for models that include a safety toe. It offers a sleek, slender profile with a toe area that can accommodate the safety toe cap. Boots on this last tend to fit those with a more narrow foot better than those with a wider foot. This ensures a snug fit for terrain and activities that demand support and stability. If you do have a wider foot, we recommend ordering an "EE" (wide) in this style.
Tips for the Perfect Fit
- Measure both feet. If one foot is slightly larger than the other, select a size that fits the larger of the two.
- Consider the type of socks you’ll be wearing with your boot. For thicker socks, you may want to select a half size larger than you normally wear.
- When you do receive your boots, we recommend first wearing them indoors for a few hours to ensure they’re the right fit.
Free Return Shipping
Rest assured that if the boot you receive doesn’t fit correctly, we pay for return shipping back to us. You can order with confidence knowing return shipping is always on us.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Goodyear Construction
- Break in
- Low Gusset
- Socks Turn Orange
I work in wet sand and gravel 5 days a week. This is hard on the leather, stitching and laces.
I worn boots from Carolina, Walmart, and keen. These danner'a are my least favorite. After 2 months they look deflated, are splitting were they sole and upper are joined, and the stitches and laces are fraying. The leather is far too stiff. There are still stiff spots that dig into my metatarsal and ankles and one of the tongues has retained it's twisted shape from the factory which creates a hole when you flex your ankles. This hole is the result of a low gusset which is unacceptable in a 8" boot. Logging boots have taller gussets and these should as well. A low gusset allows any manner of debris to enter the boot and in my case sand and small gravel. The brown dye used on the leather have turned every pair of my socks (thick wool) orange.
The sole is comfortable but is wearing quickly. The inner construction also rubs the back of my heels even with thick socks. Sizing is too large and the leather has stretched some. Overall, I feel there are better boots in the market for far less.
I've also used oils and hot water to soften the stiff spots and realign the twisted tongue but with no luck. I've even tried replacing this pair with another only to find a different flaw in feel. Didn't expect to have any issues with a danner product but these are frustrating.
- Was this a gift?:
I am on concrete all day and my feet were in pain. These boots changed that, very comfortable. The insole is removeable (my redwings were not). The leather is thick and the breakin took 3 weeks (am I ever glad that's over). The christy sole seems to wear quickly, but it is softer for comfort. The thing that I dislike is, these boots are very slippery when wet. I can overlook the long breakin and what appears to be quicker wear than I am accustom to, but the slippery on concrete is why I give a 4 star.
These are a very comfortable boot once breakin is done.
- Was this a gift?: