Pronghorn 8" Realtree Xtra 400G
With a nod to our past, we rebuilt a legend. Bringing back our popular CamoHide™ leather and building on our proven TERRA FORCE® technology, we updated the design for a more streamlined and lightweight profile. The all-leather toe and heel cap protect against wear. We chose a new last and opened the toe box to create a wider platform and better fit. The waterproof, breathable GORE-TEX® liner keeps feet dry throughout the hunt. We added an Ortholite® footbed with triple layer cushioning for improved comfort. A new outsole retains all the performance of previous generations with a combination of rubber compounds that perform in slick mud and rugged underbrush. No matter where your hunt takes you, this is the boot you can count on to perform.
- Durable, waterproof full-grain CamoHide™ leather upper with rugged and lightweight 1000 Denier nylon
- Realtree® Xtra® camo utilizes a robust light and dark pattern plus a multi-directional layout that creates an incredibly 3D effect. Good for all times of the day and year
- Full-grain leather toe and heel cap
- Rugged hardware for secure fit and long lasting performance
- 100% waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX® lining
- 400 gram Thinsulate™ Insulation offers lightweight warmth for those needing protection in cold climates
- Cushioning three density open cell polyurethane Ortholite® footbed
- Lightweight and stable performance of Danner’s TERRA FORCE® platform
- Danner® Pronghorn outsole for solid traction over rugged terrain
- Nylon shank
- 8” Height
- 63 oz per pair
This athletic fitting last offers great heel capture and an anatomical forefoot that gives more room in the toe box. Fits true to size.
Tips for the Perfect Fit
- Measure both feet. If one foot is slightly larger than the other, select a size that fits the larger of the two.
- Consider the type of socks you’ll be wearing with your boot. For thicker socks, you may want to select a half size larger than you normally wear.
- When you do receive your boots, we recommend first wearing them indoors for a few hours to ensure they’re the right fit.
Free Return Shipping
Rest assured that if the boot you receive doesn’t fit correctly, we pay for return shipping back to us. You can order with confidence knowing return shipping is always on us.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Athletic fit
- Comingsoon 4th Speed Loop
- Coming Soon4th Speed Loop
- Locks The Heal In Place
- Loop For Pulling On Boot
- Ortholite Footbed
- Very Comfotable
- Widened Toe Box
- Lacks 4th Speed Loop
- Elk Hunting At 10000'
- Rifle Hunting
- Rifle Hunting For Deer
I bought a pair of Pronghorns last year (13 EE, which is the "wide" ones, because the 13D were too narrow) and liked them. Broke them in, wore them bowhunting in a swamp, Elk hunting at 10,000' and November Deer hunting in 20 to 40 degree weather. Good, but not great. However, ALL of the improvements to the newly redesigned Pronghorn make these boots TOP NOTCH. All of my "Pros" listed have improved this boot to be the best fitting boot and most comfortable I have ever tried on. I will caution however about the changes and the effect they have had on the sizing. I naturally asked for what i had in last years' model (13EE), and found them to be TOO WIDE!!! Which has never happened to me. So i then tried on the regular width (13D) and they fit perfect. It's my opinion that the "widened toe box" and "new athletic fit" changed the boot to the point that guys like me who always wore a wide before (in shoes and boots) don't need it in this particular boot.
That being said, for picky people like me, i have a WARNING. Lasts years' model did not have a speed loop "set back" on the ankle area from the other ones above it. Other brands of boots i have owned that have had the "set back ankle speed loop" make for a better fitting boot, especially in the mountains when a boot needs to fit snug in all of the right places. The newly designed Pronghorn is supposed to have that 4th speed loop on the ankles, but if you buy them today (or the next 3-4 weeks) you will get a pair of boots without them. All of the pictures online, in stores, and even on the box, show the ankle speed loops. However, after talking to Danner customer service about the issue, i was informed what is going on. Apparently the initial test boot included the ankle loop, but was placed too far back and was uncomfortable. A last minute decision was made to produce the boot anyways, but without that ankle speed loops. Then an alternately placed (moved it forward a little) ankle speed loop was tested, and found to be great. However, the first run of boots was already in production and completed without ANY ankle speed loops. Hence all of the temporarily visually deceptive pictures. I am told by Danner the second run, which will include the ankle speed loops, should be available for purchase in late September. They are discussing whether or not to differentiate the "style numbers" of the non-ankle loop boot versus the soon to come boot that includes the ankle loops. So be warned, that what you purchase right now, and potentially in the future (if they don't change the style number) will not be quite what you think it is. All that being said, my remedy with last year's boot was to try to lace them up as tight as possible so i had minimal foot slippage (inside the boot) so as to avoid blisters. The new model felt "pretty good" without the ankle loops, but once again i had to tighten them up, and i was wishing i just had the ankle loops to get the proper fit. Danner customer service has been great to work with while i get honest information from them in order to get the product that I want. Unfortunately, it may arrive only 1-2 weeks before my elk hunt......
- Was this a gift?: