Cloud Cap 6" Brown
The Cloud Cap is comfortable enough to wear as weekend boot. But dont let the comfort and athletic fit fool you. On the mountain, the Cloud Cap can hold its own. It features tough, triple-stitched seams and protective plates to keep the bottom of your feet safe and secure. Underneath, the Cloud Cap is outfitted with Danner Trailguard outsole for a solid grip on a range of terrains.
- 100% waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX® liner is engineered to keep your feet dry and comfortable - even in extreme conditions
- Nubuck leather and breathable nylon upper offer lightweight protection and some of the best abrasion- and scuff-resistance of all of our leather options
- EVA dual density platform provides lightweight athletic performance with maximum support and cushioning on the trails
- Abrasion resistant toe for protection in high wear areas
- Synergy heel system optimizes responsive fit by locking the heel into the pocket and allows for a lower volume fit
- Danner® Trailguard outsole features unique acceleration and braking zones combined with traditional lug patterns in the center of the foot for superior traction on varied surfaces
- Co-Molded ESS plate for underfoot protection and stability
- 6" height
- 42 oz
This boot is built on our DT4 last. This last provides an athletic fit with a tighter heel pocket and a wider toe box. The sleek, streamlined last is excellent for on or off trail hiking.
Tips for the Perfect Fit
- Measure both feet. If one foot is slightly larger than the other, select a size that fits the larger of the two.
- Consider the type of socks you’ll be wearing with your boot. For thicker socks, you may want to select a half size larger than you normally wear.
- When you do receive your boots, we recommend first wearing them indoors for a few hours to ensure they’re the right fit.
Free Return Shipping
Rest assured that if the boot you receive doesn’t fit correctly, we pay for return shipping back to us. You can order with confidence knowing return shipping is always on us.
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
- Comfortable (5)
- Lightweight (3)
- Light weight (3)
- Hiking (6)
Reviewed by 10 customers
- Good Traction
- Great Support
- Little to no break-in
These are fantastic boots! Right off the bat I took these on a ten mile hike and they fit like a glove. No blisters or cramping whatsoever. The trail went across steep, rocky terrain and I encountered no problem with these boots. The soles are stiff enough to protect and grip the ground well while still remaining relatively quiet. These have good ankle support and are comfortable on all terrain angles. They breathe well and are nice and light when powering up hill.
My main use for these boots are going to be hunting on very steep and rocky terrain and so far they have fit the bill. Don't hesitate to purchase. Nothing else lives up to the durability and comfort of a Danner. You get what you pay for.
- Extremely comfortable
- Great traction
Bought these boots today and took them right out on a five mile hike straight from the store. Definitly the most comfortable hiking boot I have ever worn. No break in needed, lightweight, waterproof. This purchase is my fifth pair of Danners and I am always impressed. Great boots, thanks Danners!
- Price Matches Quality
- Not flexable
- Poor Traction On Rocks
- Sized small
- Cooler climates
- Off Trail Use
This was my first pair of Danner's. I'm happy overall with the boots but there are a few pros and cons:
These boots are strong and seem to hold up well. They match the price paid as far as quality. I expect these boots to last 2 maybe 3 years if I'm lucky, I'm hard on my hiking boots. They breath well and my feet don't get sweaty in temps around 25c and lower. However, I wouldn't recommend these for higher sustained temps. These were great in the snow.
The size is a little small. I wear a 13.5 so I got the 14s. Great fit but my toes do sometimes jam in the toe box when going down hill, even with my laces tight. Heavier then other hiking boots I've owned. I feel a little less material in the sole would help reduce weight without compromising strength and add some much needed flexibility. These boots are great for rough terrain but risky on rocks. The material doesn't grip well on smooth or rocky surfaces but does very well in brush, sand, forests, etc.. I usually hike off trail and these boots do well to put a barrier between the ground and I, there is a draw back to this. There is a loss of feed back from the trail with these boots; this is a pro or a con, depending on your preference but I found it annoying when on rock terrain.
These are made over seas and not in Danner's factory so I didn't expect everything to be perfect for the price range but one thing worth noting. On my pair one boot's heel shank was cut a little too high and rubbed against my ankle. It was painful so I had to pre-stretch the upper heel of the boot. Now it isn't a problem. These are not for fast trail hikes. Not much flex and bulky. Best for off trail use in fall, winter and spring.
Overall, I'm happy with these boots and I can recommend them. However, I do suggest going to a store and trying before you buy.
- Was this a gift?:
- Great Support
- Light Weight
- Back packing
i just got these boots two weeks ago, and i have already taken them on two 18 mile backpacking trips. and have to say that they are the best boots i have owed so far!
- Extremely comfortable
- No break in
- Go one size bigger
I walk on concrete approx 20 miles a day for work and from day one these boots performed better than any other brand I've tried. Danner is a quality product and are my new footwear of choice.
Thanks for the great boot.