It takes a craftsman to appreciate the details
Constructed of full-grain leather and lightweight, durable Danner wedge outsoles, the unlined Bull Run work boot may look like a simple design at first glance. However, the trained eye will notice the intricate stitching, the hand of the leather, and how all of the parts work together to simply create a product that is built to last.
Strong, yet flexibleSelecting just the right leather is the most important aspect of creating an unlined work boot. It must be strong and it must be soft. Through seven different tests, we graded leather hides in strength, density, and pull. We watched how the leather would conform to the foot with age, and we ensured that it was strong enough to stand up to work environments for years to come.
Modern comfortOn the outside, the Bull Run emulates a classic work boot, one that you’d pull out of your grandpa’s closet in hopes that it fits. With the Bull Run, we took that classic design and updated it with modern comfort. We re-engineered the fit to flow with the anatomy of the foot and to allow room for a soft and sturdy footbed, creating a fit focused on both comfort and long lasting support.
Focus on the ways of our craftCraftsmanship is found in the details that are unseen, like shaving down panels of leather prior to stitching and working the creases of the upper to create a more secure fit. These are the standards that were set in 1932 when the first Danner boot was made, and these are the same standards that ensure the USA-made Bull Run is a work boot that is built to last.
- Full-Grain, Oiled Leather Upper
- After incorporating oil into the tanning process, we take the oiled, full-grain leather and put it through a series of rigorous testing to ensure its strength and durability. This form of leather is more resistant to water and other liquid damage and require less maintenance over time.
- Unlined Leather Upper
- Lighter weight with cool comfort in warmer temperatures, our unlined leather boots will mold perfectly to your foot.
- Electrical Hazard (EH) Protection
- Meets or exceeds ASTM F2892-11 EH. Electrical hazard (EH) footwear is manufactured with non-conductive electrical shock resistant soles and heels.
- oil and slip resistant
- Our oil-and-slip resistant outsoles have been certified to meet OSHA safety standards.
- Steel Toe (ST)
- Meets or exceeds ASTM F2413-11M I/75 C/75 EH standards and ASTM F2413-11 F I/75 C/75 EH.
- Removable OrthoLite Footbed
- Three layers of varying density are combined for maximum cushioning and support. The entire footbed is made of open-cell polyurethane for better heat dissipation and air circulation.
- Danner Wedge Outsole
- The non-marking, oil- and slip- resistant Danner Wedge outsole provides cushioning, lightweight support, and won't track debris. Guarantees cushion and traction on various terrain, but performs best in indoor environments.
- Stitchdown Construction
- Handcrafted to provide a wider platform, our legendary stitchdown construction offers increased stability underfoot. Many of our stitchdown boots can be recrafted.
- How It Fits
- The 516S is designed specifically for models that include a safety toe. It offers a sleek, slender profile with a toe area that can accommodate the safety toe cap. Boots on this last tend to fit those with a more narrow foot better than those with a wider foot. This ensures a snug fit for terrain and activities that demand support and stability. If you do have a wider foot, we recommend ordering an "EE" (wide) in this style.
- Extend the life of your boot with our recrafting services. This boot is eligible for a number of services, including part replacement, leather care and restitching. See our Recrafting page.
- 56 oz per pair
- Oil & Slip Resistant
- EH Certified
- ASTM F2413-11 M I/75 C/75 EH, ASTM F2892-11 EH
- Last Type
- Danner® Wedge
- Made in USA with Imported Components
- ASTM F2413-11 I/75 C/75 EH, ASTM F2892-11 EH
- Toe Protection
- Steel Toe
Made in USA with Imported Components
We source the best materials from around the world and utilize some construction work overseas before shipping partially assembled components to be finished in our Portland, Oregon factory. Once in our factory, the boot uppers are formed and the entire bottom of the boot is constructed by hand, giving us greater control over the finished product. This manufacturing process allows us to bring you a less expensive USA made boot without compromising the quality you expect from Danner.
Compare Bull Run Styles
Designed to complement our boots and held to the same high quality standards.