30+ years of hiking boot greatness
Ask a seasoned backpacker what the ideal hiking boot looks like, and you're bound to hear a description of the Mountain Light. That's because for over 30 years, the Mountain Light set the standard for every new product that hit the market. And in all that time, nothing ever dethroned the original. Today, we're proud to re-introduce this classic boot. Every single pair is built by hand in Portland, Oregon, with full-grain leather, Vibram Kletterlift outsoles, and waterproof GORE-TEX liners. The result is a classic design that provides unmatched comfort and support.
- Horween Nubuck Upper
- The Horween Leather Company makes some of the most beautiful leathers in the world in Chicago Ill. We've used one of their gorgeous nubuck leathers with a velvet-like feel. This leather upper is extremely durable, while offering a shorter and more comfortable break-in period.
- Retro One Piece Leather Upper
- Our one-piece leather design eliminates openings in the tongue area to help keep out debris and water. It also creates a simple finish with minimal seams.
- GORE-TEX® (GTX)
- 100% waterproof and breathable, GORE-TEX® liners ensure that no water gets in, while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- Vibram® Kletterlift Outsole
- Specifically designed for comfort and durability; the heel provides superb shock absorption and the rubber compound guarantees great traction and stability on both wet and dry surfaces.
- Stitchdown Construction
- Handcrafted to provide a wider platform, our legendary stitchdown construction offers increased stability underfoot. Many of our stitchdown boots can be recrafted.
- How It Fits
- The 650 EE last offers a roomier fit for relaxed comfort while still offering rugged support and stability. This EE is not as wide as others so it offers the most universal fit for casual, everyday wear. We recommend sizing down a half size for the best fit.
- Extend the life of your boot with our recrafting services. This boot is eligible for a number of services, including part replacement, leather care and restitching. See our Recrafting page.
- 53 oz per pair
- Last Type
- 650 EE
- Vibram Kletterlift
- Made in USA
Made in USA
This classification of manufacturing is our promise that this product was built from top to bottom in our Portland, Ore. factory. Our USA Made boots are built with the same commitment to superior craftsmanship that we’ve been known for since 1932.
Designed to complement our boots and held to the same high quality standards.