30+ years of hiking boot greatness
The Mountain Light Desert Tan is a street-ready inspiration of the original Mountain Light, one of the most iconic backpacking boots of our time. Maintaining our high standards, we crafted this iteration with an tan single vamp leather, our classic Mountain Light silhouette and the strength and durability of our elite Danner stitchdown construction. Offering up a modern twist on this classic boot, we stitched in a Vibram Cristy outsole which won't track mud or dirt, helping you keep that shag carpet presentable.
- Suede Upper
- These uppers are made from rich, thick, durable suede.
- GORE-TEX (GTX)
- 100% waterproof and breathable, GORE-TEX liners ensure that no water gets in, while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- Vibram® Cristy Outsole
- Maximum surface traction without the build-up. This rubber compound guarantees cushion and traction on various terrain.
- Stitchdown Construction
- Handcrafted to provide a wider platform, our legendary stitchdown construction offers increased stability underfoot. Many of our stitchdown boots can be recrafted.
- How It Fits
- The 650 EE last offers a roomier fit for relaxed comfort while still offering rugged support and stability. This EE is not as wide as others so it offers the most universal fit for casual, everyday wear. We recommend sizing down a half size for the best fit.
- Extend the life of your boot with our recrafting services. This boot is eligible for a number of services, including part replacement, leather care and restitching. See our Recrafting page.
- 62 oz per pair
- Last Type
- 650 EE
- Vibram Cristy
- Made in USA
Made in USA
This classification of manufacturing is our promise that this product was built from top to bottom in our Portland, Ore. factory. Our USA Made boots are built with the same commitment to superior craftsmanship that we’ve been known for since 1932.