Revival of a 1980s Danner Original
In 1979, Danner released the iconic Danner Light hiking boot—the first boot on the market to use waterproof GORE-TEX® liners. In the early 1980s, the original Feather Light hit the market. Continuing this evolution, the new Feather Light 917 combines waterproof technology with an exclusive lightweight Vibram® outsole for extra stability and urban performance – part of the next generation of premium Danner boots built for the urban explorer.
- Full-Grain Leather and Suede Upper
- To allow more comfort around sensitive parts of the foot, we use select pieces of softer suede in addition to our strong and durable full-grain leather.
- GORE-TEX® (GTX)
- 100% waterproof and breathable, GORE-TEX® liners ensure that no water gets in, while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- Removable OrthoLite Footbed
- Three layers of varying density are combined for maximum cushioning and support. The entire footbed is made of open-cell polyurethane for better heat dissipation and air circulation.
- Vibram® 917 Outsole
- Exclusive outsole for Danner featuring XS Trek rubber compound for an optimal balance of durability and traction in wet conditions on the trail or city streets.
- Modernized Stitchdown Construction
- Combines our traditional stitchdown technique with cup sole construction that allows the boot to keep a wider platform while eliminating the need for a buffed sidewall. This gives our sneaker boots a modern aesthetic and lightweight, flexible finish.
- How It Fits
- This boot is built on a new great-fitting, ergonomic last based on our existing 971. It's true to size with more of a gentleman's boot fit updated with added footbed allowance for stability and greater underfoot support. It's easy to wear and comfortable for use in a variety of casual environments.
- 37 oz per pair
- Last Type
- 971 Updated
- Vibram 917
Designed to complement our boots and held to the same high quality standards.