Hunt further. Hunt faster.
As we approached the design and development of an entirely new hunting boot, we kept one word in mind – endurance. We worked to build a boot that allows a hunter to hunt longer with less foot fatigue, hunt faster and quieter as they track their prey, and maintain the longevity and durability that we demand out of every product that bears the mark of Danner.
Athletic fitBorrowing from some of our latest developments in hiking, we constructed the High Ground off of the DT4 last that provides a tighter heel pocket with a wider toe box, alongside a sleek and streamlined fit. This development allowed us to create a hunting boot with more flexibility and less weight.
The perfect balanceCreating a lightweight and flexible product is easy, but creating one that maintains the support and stability needed on rugged terrain is a whole different story. Utilizing a cement construction we were able to reduce the weight while still integrating an aggressive outsole that provides support and stability over a variety of terrain.
The mark of DannerBefore any product obtains the Danner stamp we ensure that it has been crafted to the highest standard. That is why we crafted the High Ground with an oiled nubuck leather, a 900 Denier nylon, and premium components like a GORE-TEX liner - ensuring that it lives up to the durability demanded from the Danner name.
- Oiled Nubuck & 900 Denier Polyester Upper
- We take our top-grain, velvet-like nubuck and oil it to improve its water resistance. This leather upper is extremely durable, while offering a shorter and more comfortable break-in period. It's then paired with abrasion-resistant, camo-dyed polyester to reduce the overall weight of the boot.
- GORE-TEX® (GTX)
- 100% waterproof and breathable, GORE-TEX® liners ensure that no water gets in, while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- Lock & Load Lace System
- Ghillies across the forefoot give a secure fit, while locking speed hooks at the top provide quick, easy lacing.
- Realtree® Xtra® Green Camo
- Realtree Xtra Green pattern is designed to blend with habitats in all variations of green, especially those found in early fall and mid-to-late spring.
- Danner Talon Outsole
- Extremely lightweight, athletic performance in rugged conditions.
- How It Fits
- This boot is built on our DT4 last. This last provides an athletic fit with a tighter heel pocket and a wider toe box. The sleek, streamlined last is excellent for on or off trail hiking.
- 46 oz per pair
- Camo Pattern
- Realtree Xtra Green
- Cushioning Antimicrobial Polyurethane
- Product Category
- Last Type
- Danner Talon
Designed to complement our boots and held to the same high quality standards.