East Ridge All-Leather GTX
The answer to a lightweight, cross-functional hunting boot that’s crafted in our Portland, Oregon factory, our East Ridge is waterproof, durable and ready to take on a variety of rugged terrain. Significantly lighter than its US made predecessors, the East Ridge features a rich, oiled nubuck leather upper and the lightweight, non-loading Vibram® Hunter outsole.
- 100% waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX® liner is engineered to keep your feet dry and comfortable - even in extreme conditions
- Durable nubuck leather upper for excellent durability and abrasion resistance
- Stitchdown construction provides a wider platform for increased stability underfoot
- Cushioning polyurethane footbed
- Secure, fast, flexible lacing system provides enhanced fit
- Lightweight, non-loading Vibram® Hunter outsole features a unique tread pattern for superior traction
- 8" height
- Made in USA with imported parts
The 851 last is an update to our popular 850 last. This last fits true to size with an athletic and supportive fit while providing ample room in the toe. Offering a specific heel shape that locks the heel in place for better fit and comfort on the back end of the boot, this supportive fit is ideal for those needing high mileage performance from their gear.
Tips for the Perfect Fit
- Measure both feet. If one foot is slightly larger than the other, select a size that fits the larger of the two.
- Consider the type of socks you’ll be wearing with your boot. For thicker socks, you may want to select a half size larger than you normally wear.
- When you do receive your boots, we recommend first wearing them indoors for a few hours to ensure they’re the right fit.
Free Return Shipping
Rest assured that if the boot you receive doesn’t fit correctly, we pay for return shipping back to us. You can order with confidence knowing return shipping is always on us.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Guraranteed Water Proof
- Made in USA
- Moccasin Like Comfort
- No break in needed
- Leather Absorbs Moisture
- Sole A Little Stiff
- Early fall hunting
- Steep Terrain
With all you have invested in your hunt, you can't afford to wear cheap boots. In 55 years of elk hunting in the Northern Rockies, I've never worn a pair of leather boots as comfortable and dependable as Danner's East Ridge All Leather Hunting Boot. I've subjected this boot to every test I can think of and it has met every challenge. The boots overall comfort and foot/ankle support negates the boot's 5lb dry weight, and the somewhat stiff and clunky vibram sole. The soft and pliable nubuc leather seems to absorb moisture that lays against the goretex liner, and makes your feet feel cold and clammy. I've found that wearing a pair of Danner's Pronghorn Pro crew sock liners under Danner's Pronghorn mid weight Crew socks, keeps my feet comfortable and dry feeling. You'll want to treat your boots with Danner's Boot Care waterproofing for Nubuc, suede, and Fabric, and make sure the leather boot is naturally dry before application. But, I deliberately did not treat my boots before all day hunting trips stomping thru elk wallows, fording streams, and wading thru rain soaked Huckleberry and thimbleberry brush and I could not get the boots to soak through to my socks. I did get some water wicking down into my boots from water soaked pants/socks. But, before you claim your boots leak and return them to Danner for a guaranteed refund, or different boots, put on a pair of rain proof gaiters or rain pants. I did and I can't get these boots to absorb moisture into my feet. One last thing, I ordered my boots, online directly from Danner. They arrived in five days. Danner is a great company to deal with. Measure your feet-get good socks-wear Danner Boots-get out there and stay out there longer-don't let cold,wet,sore, feet end your hunt early. Buy Danner Boots - They are worth the price.
- Was this a gift?: