Our classic Silhouette
As far as this boot is concerned, it's still the golden era of backpacking. To build it, Danner bootmakers sought out leathers similar to those used on the original Danner Light, introduced in 1979. This classic-inspired boot features stitchdown construction and a Vibram Kletterlift outsole for stable traction on a variety of terrain. The Danner Light Dark Brown is still built by hand, in our Portland, Oregon factory with rich full grain leather, denier nylon panels and a breathable Dri-Lex liner.
- Full-Grain Leather & Cordura® Upper
- Known for its resistance to abrasions, tears and scuffs, we combined Cordura Denier nylon with our full-grain leather to create an incredibly strong and durable upper.
- Ideal for warm-to-hot weather conditions, Dri-Lex provides excellent vapor transport, is extremely quick drying, resists odor and mildew, and is completely breathable.
- Vibram® Kletterlift Outsole
- Specifically designed for comfort and durability; the heel provides superb shock absorption and the rubber compound guarantees great traction and stability on both wet and dry surfaces.
- Stitchdown Construction
- Handcrafted to provide a wider platform, our legendary stitchdown construction offers increased stability underfoot. Many of our stitchdown boots can be recrafted.
- How It Fits
- The 650 EE last offers a roomier fit for relaxed comfort while still offering rugged support and stability. This EE is not as wide as others so it offers the most universal fit for casual, everyday wear. We recommend sizing down a half size for the best fit.
- Extend the life of your boot with our recrafting services. This boot is eligible for a number of services, including part replacement, leather care and restitching. See our Recrafting page.
- 61 oz per pair
- Last Type
- 650 EE
- VIbram Kletterlift
- Made in USA
Made in USA
This classification of manufacturing is our promise that this product was built from top to bottom in our Portland, Ore. factory. Our USA Made boots are built with the same commitment to superior craftsmanship that we’ve been known for since 1932.
Designed to complement our boots and held to the same high quality standards.