High Ground 8" Brown 400G
This is the boot for high speed hunters looking for a fast, agile platform. It has a hiking base modified for hunting applications. This boot will fit light and comfortably but has tough features like an ultra-durable, oiled nubuc leather and 900 Denier nylon upper, 100% waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX lining, 400G of Thinsulate Insulation, and the Danner Talon dirt- and rock-gripping outsole.
- 100% waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX® liner is engineered to keep your feet dry and comfortable
- 400 grams of Thinsulate Insulation offer lightweight warmth for those needing protection in cold climates
- Ultra durable, oiled nubuck leather and lightweight 900 Denier nylon backed with foam for all day comfort in the field
- Cushioning antimicrobial polyurethane footbed with open cell construction for air circulation
- EVA midsole provides added cushioning
- Lock and load lacing system - ghillies across the forefoot for secure fit, and locking speed hooks for quick, easy lacing
- Danner Talon outsole provides extremely lightweight athletic performance in rugged conditions.
- Nylon shank
- 8" height
- 50 oz
This boot is built on our DT4 last. This last provides an athletic fit with a tighter heel pocket and a wider toe box. The sleek, streamlined last is excellent for on or off trail hiking.
Tips for the Perfect Fit
- Measure both feet. If one foot is slightly larger than the other, select a size that fits the larger of the two.
- Consider the type of socks you’ll be wearing with your boot. For thicker socks, you may want to select a half size larger than you normally wear.
- When you do receive your boots, we recommend first wearing them indoors for a few hours to ensure they’re the right fit.
Free Return Shipping
Rest assured that if the boot you receive doesn’t fit correctly, we pay for return shipping back to us. You can order with confidence knowing return shipping is always on us.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Great Fit
- Light Weight
- Got Wet
I'm an army veteran that served one tour in Iraq. This is my first pair of Danner boots and i was very impressed. They are light weight, warm, breathable and fit right out of the box. I was really concerned about the fit because i have 12 screws holding my right foot together. I almost forgot i had the screws with these boots on.
Field tested them yesterday in Oregon's Mount hood national forest. Walked about 10 miles through soaking wet knee deep under-brush and crossed a couple creeks. The only con was that my feet did get wet. Although they did hold up to the water for quite some time. I purposely stood in the creeks up to my ankles for extended periods of time to test for water proofness. I think my socks started getting wet after the 3rd creek crossing, and it wasn't the boots full of water wet, just wet socks. I'm not sure if that counts as "Normal use conditions" as Danners waterproof warranty states.
- Was this a gift?: