Tachyon 8" Black GTX
We've taken our typical Danner boot and completely overhauled it to take out any and all extra weight without neglecting comfort and performance. This upper is completely synthetic for superior weight savings with the added benefit of an ultra-fast dry time. Speed lacing and a 3-layer comfort system work together to create a snug, comfortable fit. Most boots in this weight category have a composite rubber outsole but the Tachyon features a true rubber outsole for superior abrasion resistance and traction.
- Durable, waterproof, full-grain leather and 500 Denier nylon upper
- Polishable toe
- 100% waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX® liner is engineered to keep your feet dry and comfortable
- Speed lace fastening system and durable brass hardware for secure fit
- Open cell polyurethane footbed allows for optimal airflow and comfort
- EVA cushioning midsole for shock absorption
- Danner® Tachyon slip-resistant, rubber outsole features pentagonal lugs for superior surface contact
- Nylon shank
- 8" height
- 35 oz
The DLE-01 last was designed to be an extension of the foot with superior forefoot and heel capture, stability and a more anatomical shape for comfort. The additional space in the toebox allows the foot to naturally react when bearing a heavy load or changing directions laterally in high intensity environments.
Tips for the Perfect Fit
- Measure both feet. If one foot is slightly larger than the other, select a size that fits the larger of the two.
- Consider the type of socks you’ll be wearing with your boot. For thicker socks, you may want to select a half size larger than you normally wear.
- When you do receive your boots, we recommend first wearing them indoors for a few hours to ensure they’re the right fit.
Free Return Shipping
Rest assured that if the boot you receive doesn’t fit correctly, we pay for return shipping back to us. You can order with confidence knowing return shipping is always on us.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Decent boots but the sole inside is as flat as a pancake, pretty sure I've had flip-flop sandals with more arch support. If you don't need any arch support, it'll be a great lightweight multipurpose boot but if you lack arches in your feet and spend anytime on your feet, they're gonna hurt no matter what insole, arch support you try.
- Was this a gift?:
- Durable Enough
- Extremely lightweight
- Great traction
- Polishable Leather
- Speed lacing
- Tactical "bootshoe" Look
- Very Comfortable
- "flimzy" Upper
- slight lack of support
- Hot Weather Boot
- Light Patrol Boot
- Lightweight Tactical Boot
- Spec Op Boot
- Walkinglight hiking
When I purchased these, I had just gotten done with my second day of long periods of walking, standing, and a little running while on patrol at a week-long music festival. My Acadias were holding up fine, but they were heavy and began to be uncomfortable after a few hours. I also noticed that when I had to run fast to assist my partners a couple times, it was quite difficult to keep up because my feet felt so heavy. So, when I saw these and how they were waterproof and affordable, I couldn't resist. Weighing in a at 35 oz., they are like wearing an 8 inch tennis shoe. But, they are durable enough to meet or even exceed the standards that most boots are measured by. The sole provides great traction, they're true to size and fit as comfortably as a broken in boot right out of the box (I literally got them 2 hours before I needed to go work again, took them out, shined them, and had no problems while wearing them for 6 hours). They simply work and I have no doubt that they would hold up for heavier duties than basic patrol. From a company that has my trust in their products, this boot has me convinced to keep on trusting Danner in the future. If you're looking for a nice patrol or lightweight tactical boot that fits and sort of looks like a shoe, these are what you're looking for. The only complaint I have is there is a small lack of ankle support and slight rubbing due to the upper and shank being only thin nylon.
- Was this a gift?: