Tektite Brown GTX XCR Non-Metallic Safety Toe
Constructed with a full grain leather, a unique abrasion resistant SuperFabric® and a PU coated toe and heel cap, the upper is waterproof, flexible and nearly indestructible. Combined with the lightweight yet supportive EXO® platform, the Tektite supports this nearly indestructible upper with comfort, stability and oil and slip resistant traction.
- Abrasion and tear resistant, PU coated, waterproof full-grain leather and SuperFabric upper
- Abrasion resistant toe and heel cap
- Speed lace fastening system for secure fit
- 100% waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX Extended Comfort lining
- Cushioning polyurethane footbed with additional layer of open cell construction for air circulation
- Stable performance and secure fit featuring a heel guardrail and forefoot plate in Danner's patented EXO platform
- EVA midsole provides added cushioning
- EXO Carbide outsole featuring a TPU heel wrap, a 90 degree heel and an oil and slip resistant tread pattern
- Nylon shank
- 4.5" height
- 46 oz
- Non-Metallic toe meets or exceeds ASTM F2413-11 M I/75 C/75 standards. Electrical hazard (EH) footwear is manufactured with non-conductive electrical shock resistant soles and heels
This boot is built on our DT4 last. This last provides an athletic fit with a tighter heel pocket and a wider toe box. The sleek, streamlined last is excellent for on or off trail hiking.
Tips for the Perfect Fit
- Measure both feet. If one foot is slightly larger than the other, select a size that fits the larger of the two.
- Consider the type of socks you’ll be wearing with your boot. For thicker socks, you may want to select a half size larger than you normally wear.
- When you do receive your boots, we recommend first wearing them indoors for a few hours to ensure they’re the right fit.
Free Return Shipping
Rest assured that if the boot you receive doesn’t fit correctly, we pay for return shipping back to us. You can order with confidence knowing return shipping is always on us.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Wet environment
- Yard Work
Comments about Danner Tektite Non-Metallic Safety Toe GTX XCR Brown Work Boots:
I work in a large winery and picked up these shoes just prior to our harvest season (Sept.-Nov.). I work in the cellar it's 12+ hours a day 6 days a week on concrete floors and metal cat-walks with acidic cleaning chemicals. It's ALWAYS wet and slippery (grape skins); long story short these shoes are AWESOME!
The superfabric on the upper is tough as all get out and these boots are truely waterproof. The sole still looks nearly new after 3 months of 60-75 hour weeks of concrete, asphalt, and metal cat-walks (the kind with oval openings and no slip teeth, you know the ones that tear tennis shoes to hell). These shoes have all day comfort (12+ hours) and are one of the most breathable waterproof shoes I've found.
That being said I do have a few minor complaints/ nitpicks. They are some of the most breathable boots/ shoes you'll find but if you are working hard you will notice sweat in the shoes, like all work boots good wick-a-way socks are a must. When I got mine my left boot had laces about 4 or 5 inches shorter than the right (how'd that happen I don't know). Also the laces are tough but slippery. They will not hold without being double knoted (litterally 2 minutes of walking will undo a single knot on these).
Okay last nitpick, and I think this has to do with the heavy weight 13-14oz canvas-like jeans I wear. The fabric on the back of the shoe (goretex?) that wraps around the ankle needs to be tougher my jeans are making it fray very slightly; as is the stiching on the rim of the toungue where the superfabric meets the opening for the toungue...and I do mean slightly not enough to effect the use of the shoe and it's not falling apart by any means.
All in all this is a great shoe and I have recomended it to friends/ coworkers. O' and they look really good.