Tachyon 8" Black Hot Uniform Boots
We've taken our typical Danner boot and completely overhauled it to take out any and all extra weight without neglecting comfort and performance. This upper is completely synthetic for superior weight savings with the added benefit of an ultra-fast dry time. Speed lacing and a 3-layer comfort system work together to create a snug, comfortable fit. Most boots in this weight category have a composite rubber outsole but the Tachyon features a true rubber outsole for superior abrasion resistance and traction.
- Complete synthetic ultralight upper for superior weight savings and dry time
- Abrasion resistant toe cap
- Open cell polyurethane footbed allows for optimal airflow and comfort
- EVA midsole for shock absorption
- Danner® Tachyon rubber outsole features pentagonal lugs for superior surface contact
- 8" height
- 26 oz
The DLE-01 last was designed to be an extension of the foot with superior forefoot and heel capture, stability and a more anatomical shape for comfort. The additional space in the toebox allows the foot to naturally react when bearing a heavy load or changing directions laterally in high intensity environments.
Tips for the Perfect Fit
- Measure both feet. If one foot is slightly larger than the other, select a size that fits the larger of the two.
- Consider the type of socks you’ll be wearing with your boot. For thicker socks, you may want to select a half size larger than you normally wear.
- When you do receive your boots, we recommend first wearing them indoors for a few hours to ensure they’re the right fit.
Free Return Shipping
Rest assured that if the boot you receive doesn’t fit correctly, we pay for return shipping back to us. You can order with confidence knowing return shipping is always on us.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
I wear mine on patrol, and they are hands down the lightest and most comfortable boots I have ever worn. Danner hit the nail on the head with this one. These have become my primary and only patrol/training boots. If you don't have a pair, get one, or get 2 or 3. I have had a couple pair of boots from Danner and they are always comfortable, but usually heavy. I broke my leg and messed my ankle a little over a year ago and can't wear heavy boots since. I've gone through 5 or 6 different "light" boots. These are the best. They are lighter than my running shoes, and just as comfortable.
- Was this a gift?:
- Light Weight
- RUBBER SOLE
- Speed laces
- Half size large
- Law Enforcement
I've only had these boots a few days, but I've worn them on Patrol and they are awesome. My equivelent would be to Bates Lites, however I feel that these are a better boot. They are a little "flimsy" feeling do to the super light weight, but once you get them on and tie them up, they're very comfortable, and the side-holes let your feet breathe.
My complaints: Flat foot bed, I wish Danner would put at least SOME arch support in their boots.
I also wish the very top section of the top would be slightly padded and thicker like the Bates Lites (near the top of the tongue).
Overall, I'm impressed with these boots, and would easily buy them again. I love my Acadia's, but at least for me, the Tachyon's need to be a 1/2 size smaller.
Great Patrol boot!
- Was this a gift?: