Cloud Cap Low Grey Hiking Boots
The Cloud Cap Low was designed for hikers who prefer to hit the trail without high ankle support. But that’s where the differences end. From the ankle down, this boot features the same rugged build of the full-support version: Synergy heel system, co-molded underfoot plates, full-grain and nubuc leather, and 100% waterproof GORE-TEX® liners.
- 100% waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX® liner is engineered to keep your feet dry and comfortable - even in extreme conditions
- Full-grain and nubuc leathers offer protection in cold and wet environments while offering some of the best abrasion- and scuff-resistance of all of our leather options
- EVA dual density platform provides lightweight athletic performance with maximum support and cushioning on the trails
- Abrasion resistant toe for protection in high wear areas
- Synergy heel system optimizes responsive fit by locking the heel into the pocket and allows for a lower volume fit
- Danner® Trailguard outsole features unique acceleration and braking zones combined with traditional lug patterns in the center of the foot for superior traction on varied surfaces
- Co-Molded ESS plate for underfoot protection and stability
- 3" height
- 39 oz
This boot is built on our DT4 last. This last provides an athletic fit with a tighter heel pocket and a wider toe box. The sleek, streamlined last is excellent for on or off trail hiking.
Tips for the Perfect Fit
- Measure both feet. If one foot is slightly larger than the other, select a size that fits the larger of the two.
- Consider the type of socks you’ll be wearing with your boot. For thicker socks, you may want to select a half size larger than you normally wear.
- When you do receive your boots, we recommend first wearing them indoors for a few hours to ensure they’re the right fit.
Free Return Shipping
Rest assured that if the boot you receive doesn’t fit correctly, we pay for return shipping back to us. You can order with confidence knowing return shipping is always on us.
Reviewed by 10 customers
I bought these shoes as a lightweight summertime hiking shoe. I bought exactly the same size as my Danner hiking and hunting boots. I wore them a bit around the house and noted that my toes felt a little cramped but instead of returning them I figured they might loosen up a bit and headed up the mountain. Too bad. I could use at least 1/2 and maybe 1 size larger. I'm disappointed that the sizing isn't consistent between Danner products. When I buy Danner shoes in the future I'll budget enough time to return them for the correct fit. Interestingly, the last two pairs of walking shoes I've bought have been imported and neither fits well. I'd pay a few more dollars if Danner produced a made in USA shoe but I imagine there's not much chance of that happening.
These are very tight at the toe and just done work for me.
- Extremely stable
- Great traction
- Hold on to dust
- Everyday footwear
- Trail hiking
I probably have over 500 miles in my original pair. I could still wear them but I just retired them for a new pair of the new Danner Sobo's. All of my miles were on desert trails in the Arizona and a Rim to the river and back hike in the Grand Canyon.
- Great Support
- More Comfy Than A Boot
- Light hiking
These shoes are nice because I don't really like boots. I prefer shoes that I can easily slip on. These do let me slip them on but they definitely don't feel like shoes. They are much stiffer in the outsole and on the sides which is good for hiking, not so great for every day. But they are starting to break in so are feeling more shoe-like every day.
The fit is pretty decent. I have a high arch so purchased a half size up from my usual and that worked well.
Danner is a premium boot maker based in Portland, Oregon. They do outsource these Zig Zags, but it appears that they have reps at their overseas factory who ensure that Danner Quality is being maintained! The outsoles are some of the "grippiest" tread I've ever used! As others have said, they may run a bit small, so simply order a half-size up, and you should be fine, as I am! Go Danner!