Velvicut Felling Axe
This heirloom American felling axe is manufactured by Council Tool's most experienced artisans. Crafted with a grade A hickory handle that is selected for grain orientation and density, and a hand-honed razor sharp head, it's timeless Dayton pattern shape is preferred by woodsmen across the country.
- Made in the USA
- Forged from 5160 grade alloy steel for strength, toughness, durability and the ability to hold an edge. The Council name is proudly displayed on one side of the head and the other is marked "USA"
- Heat treated and quenched to produce a hardened edge extending 1-1/2 inches up the bit for maximum edge holding. The edge is tempered to Rc 50-54 to hold an edge without becoming brittle
- Handle is made of grade "A" American hickory and its traditional pattern embodies the heirloom quality of axes from times gone by. The handle is mounted to the head in a traditional manner using a softwood wedge crossed with a steel wedge for added security
- Linseed oil coating is applied to protect the handle
- Axe head is coated with oil to prevent rusting and to showcase its natural beauty
- USA made, leather sheath is included to protect the tool and the user. Sheath is made of premium leather with a buckle for fastening and an embossed logo